• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in South Africa 2020/21 Tests

Himannv

International Coach
Two players have tested positive and did not make the SA squad as a result. That's according to news sources over here.

Himannv

International Coach
Sri Lanka squad: Dimuth Karunaratne (capt.), Kusal Perera, Dinesh Chandimal, Kusal Mendis, Oshada Fernando, Dhananjaya De Silva, Niroshan Dickwella, Minod Bhanuka, Lahiru Thirimanne, Lasith Embuldeniya, Wanindu Hasaranga, Dilruwan Perera, Suranga Lakmal, Lahiru Kumara, Vishwa Fernando, Kasun Rajitha, Dushmantha Chameera, Dasun Shanaka, Santhush Gunatilake, Asitha Fernando, Dilshan Madushanka

SeamUp

International Coach
Heard that Dupavillon wasn't available for selection. Obviously covid related. Good bet the 2 that tested positive initially is from Dolphins/Titans players ie Markram, Elgar, Erwee (definitely not him as I've spoken to him yesterday), Petersen, Maharaj, Ngidi

Dendarii

International Debutant
Heard that Dupavillon wasn't available for selection. Obviously covid related. Good bet the 2 that tested positive initially is from Dolphins/Titans players ie Markram, Elgar, Erwee (definitely not him as I've spoken to him yesterday), Petersen, Maharaj, Ngidi
I touched on this in the team selection thread, but if it's from the names you mentioned then I'd say it's most likely to be Petersen and Ngidi since they called up Van Tonder and Sipamla rather than Malan or Linde.

So assuming that it's those two, here's my guess for the line-up for the first test.

Elgar
Markram
Van der Dussen
Du Plessis
Bavuma
De Kock
Mulder
Maharaj
Nortje
Hendricks
Stuurman

SeamUp

International Coach
I touched on this in the team selection thread, but if it's from the names you mentioned then I'd say it's most likely to be Petersen and Ngidi since they called up Van Tonder and Sipamla rather than Malan or Linde.

So assuming that it's those two, here's my guess for the line-up for the first test.

Elgar
Markram
Van der Dussen
Du Plessis
Bavuma
De Kock
Mulder
Maharaj
Nortje
Hendricks
Stuurman
Not many changes to the batting but I agree that it will most likely look that and from a bowling perspective we need to get an indication of where Beuran officially stands once and for all.

So SA A batting is looking something like.

Erwee
P.Malan
van Tonder
Second
Hamza/de Bruyn
Verreynne
D.Pretorius/Linde

It is just whether you see those filling in the gaps ie Erwee, P.Malan, Second,Hamza, de Bruyn ever being elite test level. I honestly think they have chose the correct batsmen/keepers in the squad. Not sure anyone else deserves to be in the test squad that is outside it right now from a batting point of view.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
We did not pick Dhanushka Gunathilaka in the squad and that is a mistake IMO. In the concluded LPL, he was the best player of pace out of all players, including overseas ones. Only time he was in trouble was against slower balls and slower bowlers early on. He should have partnered DK IMO. Kusal Perera and Dasun Shanaka should never be in the test squad IMO. Looking at available squad

Dimuth Karunarathne* (L)
Oshada Fernando (R)
Kusal Perera (R, wk)
Kusal Mendis (R)
Dinesh Chandimal (R, wk)
Dhananjaya de Silva (R, OB)
Niroshan Dickwella+ (L, wk)
Wanindhu Hasaranga (R, LBG)
Suranga Lakmal (R, RFM)
Kasun Rajitha (R, RFM) / Vishwa Fernando (L, LFM)
Lahiru Kumara (L, RF)

is the likely XI. There is bit of a cloud regarding Oshada's fitness, and if it is the case everyone might move one place up and Thiri may come at #5 (praying not to happen). If the pitch shows even a bit of spin, Embuldeniya might replace a fast bowler.

SeamUp

International Coach
Keegan Petersen and Beuran Hendricks are the 2 Covid infected players released from the squad.

1. Quinton de Kock (captain, Momentum Multiply Titans),
  2. Temba Bavuma (Imperial Lions),
  3. Aiden Markram (Momentum Multiply Titans),
  4. Faf du Plessis (Momentum Multiply Titans),
  5. Dean Elgar (Momentum Multiply Titans),
  6. Keshav Maharaj (Hollywoodbets Dolphins),
  7. Lungi Ngidi (Momentum Multiply Titans),
  8. Rassie van der Dussen (Imperial Lions),
  9. Anrich Nortje (Warriors),
  10. Glenton Stuurman (Warriors),
  11. Sarel Erwee (Hollywoodbets Dolphins),
  12. Wiaan Mulder (Imperial Lions),