• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2022/23

thierry henry

International Coach
Lucky, yes. But it would be unfair to coin it "extremely lucky".
Cricinfo commentary suggests a very high number of plays and misses to the extent that ordinarily more wickets would have fallen. I deeply distrust the way their commentators describe things though

Days of Grace

International Captain
Can’t say NZ batsmen have been lucky while ignoring that Henry in particular beat the bat numerous times. The target probably would have been much smaller had those edges been taken.

Meridio

International Regular
Cricinfo commentary suggests a very high number of plays and misses to the extent that ordinarily more wickets would have fallen. I deeply distrust the way their commentators describe things though
Yeah they're full of ****. From the time when I've been watching anyway.

Would describe the way Mitchell just got out as very unlucky tbh

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Blundell coming in, but would have been tempted to send Macewell for the left/right combo to go from ball 1.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I haven't been watching this innings but they definitely weren't exaggerating in the first dig when SL's tail was batting. There were 4 plays and missed every from the moment Rajitha walked out.