• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2022/23

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I see young Cumming Jr. once again made a start without kicking on. Making a habit of it. On a positive side, he rarely gets dismissed early.

thundaboult

International Debutant
Can't happen now can it? Didn't they need India to beat Oz 4-0 and then beat us 2-0? Or could they get in ahead of India now?
Yes they can as the couple posts above me explain.

Best of luck to SL, NZ's test team is no longer something I want to support until changes are made. Was super over the moon with the england test win but disappointed immediately after when stead declared that the same squad will be trudged out in a series where we can easily blood some youth. I actually really really thought that stead would go "wow awesome win, we really really got away with that one but yeah, we have some serious problems here that can't be ignored. next test series is a total freeroam so lets have some fun and see what the youngins got". Silly me.

Its getting to the point where the nzc test setup does not listen to its fans and the public, they will just do what's safe. They don't represent the country it feels like.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
I can't get up to watching this series. Maybe glance at the scores once a day perhaps. Unless SL play out of their skins and make it super competitive. Kane and Devon always a good watch. Blundell will be good to watch too. Bowling wise, none really. Southee will be good but at the stage he is at he will pick wickets no doubt but exciting to watch? Perhaps not.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I'm actually more interested in the Sri Lankans than in the NZ team. This is probably the last time that the likes of D Karunaratne, Chandimal, and Mathews (all top quality players) play tests in NZ and it will be interesting to see how Prabath Jayasuriya goes on NZ pitches. They've also picked a 23 year-old (Maduska) who averages 61.6 after 38 1st class matches (in obviously very different conditions).

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
D Karunaratne, Chandimal, and Mathews are a very good watch for sure. Our bowling is not the same as in the past so there may be phases when SL may dominate with the bat. That said don't think they have a chance with their bowling against our in form batsman. At best they could draw a game but the games are at Hagley and Basin. Two decks tailor made for pace bowling so I'm guessing SL have no chance. If they played at mount and Seddon Park or Napier they would be in with a chance.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
D Karunaratne, Chandimal, and Mathews are a very good watch for sure. Our bowling is not the same as in the past so there may be phases when SL may dominate with the bat. That said don't think they have a chance with their bowling against our in form batsman. At best they could draw a game but the games are at Hagley and Basin. Two decks tailor made for pace bowling so I'm guessing SL have no chance. If they played at mount and Seddon Park or Napier they would be in with a chance.
Yes. Kasun Rajitha started with promise but struggles to buy a wicket nowadays.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I feel like this team could get Ebadot Hossain'd at any point though really.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
That this thread is only on page 2 on the dawn of the first test says a lot.
At least the thread is created and up and running. I thoroughly expect threads in future for similar series only being created post the first test with a certain thread creator taken out now.

Binkley

U19 Captain
I will be watching the series, but my enthusiasm for the New Zealand team is very low. Any interest is in seeing some sort of form revival from our old stalwarts and some runs from the new young wonder that is Conway.

thundaboult

International Debutant
Yes that should give confidence to any touring team - 'Can one of your bowlers outbowl Ebadot on a good day? Y/N. If Y then you have a chance.'

Always quite liked Lahiru Kumara.
yeah he's gonna be a joy to watch bowling, moves the ball too....think he got a few nice wickets last time sl played tests here in 19

chameera did well against us too in 15/16...his action is poetry in motion, fluid asf....i'm guessing he's still injured atm? not sure

Would have liked seeing dilshan madushanka here too, bowls decent pace, left arm, swings it, bowled kohli with a gem in the asia cup