• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2022/23

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Weather updates?

Not that I'm a big Tickner fan, but hoping that our sole player in the squad still in his 20s (just, at 29) plays today.

Last edited:

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
KW will join the team late due to the funeral for his grandmother.

Oh man I'm sure she did a little interview only the other week too. :( she would also call up radio occasionally and correct them if they were chatting absolute **** about KW haha.
Yeah there was an article about her on Stuff last year - former mayor of Taupo. She was very proud of all her grandchildren including Kane and Dane Cleaver who had just made a white ball squad at the time of writing. Seems like she was a great woman. I hope Kane is okay to play when grieving.

Last edited:

ataraxia

International Coach
Nicholls average watch: 36.83 and dipping and dipping until a fighting hundred this test or next: give him another year or two!

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Nicholls average watch: 36.83 and dipping and dipping until a fighting hundred this test or next: give him another year or two!
"After much consideration, we feel that as a key member of the group, and a gutsy contributor in the middle order, that Henry displays the leadership qualities we are looking for. He will become the new vice captain immediately and will assume the captaincy when Tim steps down. We see Henry captaining NZ until he is almost 40."

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Ugh. Well at least it's not Kuggle-juggle I guess, but JFC poor Will Young. In 8 months when we hopefully have a new coach with a mandate to build to the future, Young will probably tumble back down the pecking order as the likes of Phillips and Rachin get a go.
I feel sorry for him, but see that happening. I hope Young is picked for the white ball XIs vs SL esp if some players away at IPL.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I know you mean his batting but I wish he took his bowling (and fitness) seriously. Properly decent medium pacer.
Yeah he was a handy bowler in all formats. He's due one of his great knocks imo. I can feel it in my bones.

kaetor

U19 Cricketer
Nissanka not in SL team? He seems like a very good player. I think this could be a closer series than expected but I do find it hard to imagine SL coming away with the 2-0 they need for the WTC.

I'm not hugely against our team except for Bracewell and Nicholls. I don't think Young is the solution either for red ball. But I can't say my choices would necessarily be any better anyway.