• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in India

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I thought all the Indian bowlers bowled well, Zaheer obviously going for the most runs but he really set the tone of the innings early on. Munaf and Harbhajan were quite good through the middle while Sehwag and Tendulkar were the only weak links, but that is to be expected when India only play 4 bowlers. Dilshan and Arnold batted really well.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
So, you guys think we have a good chance here? I think it will be difficult to chase, because apparently, the pitch isn't as good as expected and already balls are keeping low and stuff.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I read a quote from Rahul Dravid that said something like " We don't know when he is going to fire, if it's tomorrow then that's good but if it takes longer then we will have to wait" This was of course in reference to Virender Sehwag, which I think is a ridiculous mentality that the Indian team have. A guy needs to score runs to be in the side unless he is a genius going through a bad patch, but Sehwag has shown no signs of trying to work himself back into form.

JBH001

International Regular
Ganguly is looking good.

And the SL bowling stocks are looking pretty poor at the moment, a lot will depend on their fielding, teamwork, and Jayawardene's captaincy.

pup11

International Coach
TBH, i have no idea that what this indian team want to achieve, one day they send utthapa as their opener, and in the very next game they send sehwag as the opener. Where is the consistency with their batting order so close to the world cup. Sachin is gone and there is still no sign of dravid.

adharcric

International Coach
TBH, i have no idea that what this indian team want to achieve, one day they send utthapa as their opener, and in the very next game they send sehwag as the opener. Where is the consistency with their batting order so close to the world cup. Sachin is gone and there is still no sign of dravid.
India desperately need to get Sehwag and Yuvraj as much action as possible. That's why Sehwag opened. That's why Yuvraj was promoted. Anyways, we're in deep ****.

JustTool

State 12th Man
I can't believe I'm saying this.

**** you Sachin.

Hello ! Welcome ! The 'genius' bowled so well and batted even better. Mr. Vice captain can now endorse product sthe rest of the day - good for his business. Last match he got out at the worst time AFTER being dropped !

DROP TENDULKAR - he is a loser !!

JBH001

International Regular
Jeez, you really are a tall poppy hater arent you?

(India should still win this though imo, with Ganguly looking in good nick and some good batting to come. The score is not all that challenging and SL are missing 3 frontline bowlers)

JustTool

State 12th Man
Hi JustTool. How are you? What are your thoughts on Tendulkar today?
Come on guys ! He has been a has-been who is rapidly losing all his lustre by hanging on when he should be long gone. Does his batting inspire confidence ? "Brittle" is what comes to mind. US paying fans deserve much better. And yes, it galls me that someone who has playing so rotten is deified and makes so much money. The only worse injustice is the corrupt politicians.

adharcric

International Coach
Come on guys ! He has been a has-been who is rapidly losing all his lustre by hanging on when he should be long gone. Does his batting inspire confidence ? "Brittle" is what comes to mind. US paying fans deserve much better. And yes, it galls me that someone who has playing so rotten is deified and makes so much money. The only worse injustice is the corrupt politicians.
Did you just compare a cricketer to corrupt politicians? :laugh: