• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in India

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
30.5 Kulasekara to Dravid, FOUR!!, just a fraction short again, outside the off stump, Dravid goes on the backfoot and cuts it square of the wicket, that is three on three, there was no boundary for 12 overs and suddenly the Indians finding quite a few in two overs, Dravid is cutting loose, perhaps celebrating his 10000 runs in ODIs
30.4 Kulasekara to Dravid, FOUR!!, back of a length delivery outside the off stump, Dravid goes on the backfoot and back cuts it to deep backward point, consecutive boundaries for Rahul Dravid, this is good batting
30.3 Kulasekara to Dravid, FOUR!!, low full toss on the middle and leg, Dravid shuffles across and flicks it away to deep mid wicket, desperate attempt by Tharanga goes in vain, welcome boundary for India

:cool:

pasag

RTDAS
Awesome avatar Jono. Was thinking about how cool he is just before.

Great stuff from Dravid as well.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
30.5 Kulasekara to Dravid, FOUR!!, just a fraction short again, outside the off stump, Dravid goes on the backfoot and cuts it square of the wicket, that is three on three, there was no boundary for 12 overs and suddenly the Indians finding quite a few in two overs, Dravid is cutting loose, perhaps celebrating his 10000 runs in ODIs
30.4 Kulasekara to Dravid, FOUR!!, back of a length delivery outside the off stump, Dravid goes on the backfoot and back cuts it to deep backward point, consecutive boundaries for Rahul Dravid, this is good batting
30.3 Kulasekara to Dravid, FOUR!!, low full toss on the middle and leg, Dravid shuffles across and flicks it away to deep mid wicket, desperate attempt by Tharanga goes in vain, welcome boundary for India

:cool:
Argh. Kulasekara had good figures up until then, too. Given he isn't the most penetrative bowler going around (jn fact, he's probably the least penetrative bowler going around), he really can't afford to ever do that. I'm a big fan but I think that over will cost him any chance of being in the first choice XI for the World Cup.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
If India manage to lose this one, it's going to seriously damage their confidence going into the WC.

Looks as though it's theirs to lose.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
If India manage to lose this one, it's going to seriously damage their confidence going into the WC.

Looks as though it's theirs to lose.
The situation is almost identical to Sunday's, except Dravid is there (vital) and an extra wicket is in hand.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lol, Dilhara was looking like he'd end up with great figures and then ruined it with that over.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Dravid run out by backing up too far, with 4 runs to go :dry:

Edit: Sounds like Dravid was pretty pissed off with himself too, slamming the bat into the ground?

Last edited:

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Just one of those things - ball deflected on to stumps with Dravid backing up.

SL right back in this now... ;)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Good win from India in the end, Ganguly got the start that was needed and Rahul and Dhoni did the rest.

Yuvraj seems to be showing good signs, he's shown no signs of his knee troubling him, its just a matter of him getting time in the middle.

Evermind

International Debutant
Yuvraj must be love playing with Ganguly. In 2001 when he was dropped from the squad he went to score a ton in the domestic game. And he said, then ""He congratulated me and told me not to lose hope. Getting dropped is a part of life. He also stated that if I performed, I would definitely be called back," informed Yuvraj. Then he added, "The way Sourav has supported me during my bad times is unthinkable. I am ready to die for such a captain."
Gun statement that.
OTOH, it's typically sentimentalistic, emotional Bollywood-esque statement you'd expect from the Indian team.

Just get in there and score a few runs, Yuvraj - it seems you're doing everything but that. That's what cricket is about, remember, that game you're paid to play based on which you're all over the Hero Honda ads livin' it up in the carribbean? No one's asking you to die for anyone else, give us a f'king break already.

:puke:

adharcric

International Coach
OTOH, it's typically sentimentalistic, emotional Bollywood-esque statement you'd expect from the Indian team.

Just get in there and score a few runs, Yuvraj - it seems you're doing everything but that. That's what cricket is about, remember, that game you're paid to play based on which you're all over the Hero Honda ads livin' it up in the carribbean? No one's asking you to die for anyone else, give us a f'king break already.

:puke:
Stfu. Yuvraj was our best one-day batsman before he got injured. There's nothing wrong with him showing support for someone who backed him during his tough times.