• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in India

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Terrific performance from Sri Lanka and once again, Jayawardene has shown what a good captain he is.

India needs to ask some serious questions to its lower order here. 23 off 28 when KKD was dismissed and somehow it ends up at 11 off 6, this with one of the better strikers of the ball in world cricket at the crease. Harbhajan and Kumble were the reasons we lost this, for me.

SEhwag has done nothing here. Pathan has done nothings since his comeback. On what basis are these two gonna be selected for the WC is anybody's guess. Yuvraj hasn't had even a decent knock for a while now. Hopefully, these guys will all play the Ranji ODs and also the All Star Series. Only then we will know what the state of these guys are.

IndianByHeart

U19 Vice-Captain
Sehwag and Pathan have flunked badly recently, but i believe that they deserve a recall as they happen to be somewhat genious players who if perform upto their upmost potential can really win matches for India.

Kaif and POwar would have been selected had Sehwag and Pathan not been selected, but i believe that Sehwag and Pathan are more of a match winners than Kaif and Powar are.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
The best thing about the way the Lankans are playing right now is that they just don't give up. After so many years where the batting would collapse under pressure, or the bowling would get tonked, SL finally have a side that can take a bit of a beating but still get up, slug it out, and win through.

I'm going to see what happens in the next couple of matches before making World Cup predictions, though!

dinu23

International Debutant
SL Team need to play Chamara Silva , Nuwan Zoysa and Chandana in the next game.

Dilshan , Bandara and Kulasekera would be replaced one feels.

Bandara looks to have the edge over the other contenders to make the World Cup.(ie Arnold/Chandana) .

Arnold may get another go, but that could be his last...chance.
i think both bandara and chandana should play in the next match, bandara should definitely play.zoysa and ilva should come in as well.

Nishant

International 12th Man
Tomorrow will be huge for Yuvraj and Sehwag.
Damn right! But in the case of sehwag....if he does badly, do u think that it would change the fact that he would play in the starting 11 in the WC? (Not just u specifically, Adharcric....i mean everyone on CW)

adharcric

International Coach
Damn right! But in the case of sehwag....if he does badly, do u think that it would change the fact that he would play in the starting 11 in the WC? (Not just u specifically, Adharcric....i mean everyone on CW)
Given that Tendulkar is the only other part-timer who has been used frequently by Dravid, Sehwag is a very strong bet to make the final XI in the WC unless Pathan strikes form with the ball (and retains it with the bat). Dravid should use his part-timers well today, especially Yuvraj and Ganguly if the opportunity arises. That will force Sehwag to earn his spot with runs off the willow.

adharcric

International Coach
YK Pathan; anyone know wat he's like...betta than IK Pathan?? Anything?
Tall, leg-spinning all-rounder from Baroda. Not consistent enough to be a genuine national prospect yet. Arjun will tell you that he can hit 6s so he should replace Yuvraj.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
I was late to catch the action, but god India are off to a flying start. Wonderful bit of bowling it seems.