• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in India

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Please do!

Seriously, with Australia losing their first final, my multi-bet of India and Australia winning their respective series has me a bit less enthusiastic.

No Jayasuriya, Vaas and Murali would be handy for India, and if they lost to a SL team with those players missing they may as well throw in the towel.
I give up honestly. FFS...

Australia and India lose, ridiculous. I couldn't have been more wrong.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Yeah. The catch of Dhoni at the end was a bit of magic from Sri Lanka but whatever happened before that from India was poor.

Evermind

International Debutant
There's hardly anything surprising about it, TBH. The Indian team has no balls - I think it should be clear by now. Absolutely the most pathetic team in international cricket out there. There is absolutely no "pressure" to perform, because they're treated like gods in spite of years of dire performances.

viktor

State Vice-Captain
Credit where its due, SL kept it tight and kept fighting till the end but India played pretty poorly. When Dhoni and KKD came together the runs-balls difference was about 35-40....to lose from there is pathetic.

dinu23

International Debutant
I'm quite impressed with our bowlers. I never thought they could contain the indian batting lineup especially without vass and murali. it was a good batting pitch but the indians let the pressure get to them.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
I'm quite impressed with our bowlers. I never thought they could contain the indian batting lineup especially without vass and murali. it was a good batting pitch but the indians let the pressure get to them.
Agreed, Ganguly and Tendulkar were both brilliant, but it all fell apart :(

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Holy smokes I wasted my whole night to watch this crap! I feel like cussing off the whole team except Ganguly/Tendulkar/Sree/Munaf. Holy smokes I mean c'mon, how pathetic was this? At one stage needing 40 odd from 60 odd deliveries, and then needing 12 off last over.

But gotta' admit Maharoof's catch was simply superb.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
not the first time we lost a close one...won't be the last either....good efforts from tendulkar, ganguly, munaf and santh....sanga is in really exceptional form, has to be one of the best batsmen in the world right now....

adharcric

International Coach
Plenty of strange things in this match - Tendulkar stumped off a leggie, Ganguly gliding a wide one to slip and Dhoni unable to clear the ropes.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Jayasuriya's is pretty good at the death and Malinga IMHO should be pretty much kept on reserve to bowl yorkers at the death from overs 40-50 . I have always felt the best value out of Malinga is at the death, with his toe crunchers !

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
SL Team need to play Chamara Silva , Nuwan Zoysa and Chandana in the next game.

Dilshan , Bandara and Kulasekera would be replaced one feels.

Bandara looks to have the edge over the other contenders to make the World Cup.(ie Arnold/Chandana) .

Arnold may get another go, but that could be his last...chance.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
SL were pretty lucky to win this one -with only 2 batsmen contributing .
The others failed dismally. India on the hand would take more positives despite the close loss , from a greater allround contribution from several players in both batting and bowling front.

lionheart

School Boy/Girl Captain
SL Team need to play Chamara Silva , Nuwan Zoysa and Chandana in the next game.

Dilshan , Bandara and Kulasekera would be replaced one feels.

Bandara looks to have the edge over the other contenders to make the World Cup.(ie Arnold/Chandana) .
Arnold may get another go, but that could be his last...chance.
I can't see how you'd rest Dilshan after turning in his first decent performance in ages. If any of the batsmen should be rested it should be Jayasuriya and Sangakkara (preferably both).

Jayawardene really needs to bat at no. 3 and get some runs under his belt.

I'd probably throw Silva in opening with Tharanga, rather than push Atapattu back up into his old position. Atapattu, for mine, isn't gelling in the middle order role and needs as much practise doing it as he can get.

I agree about bringing Zoysa for Kulasekara in the next match, and seeing how there is no Kapugedara in the squad (or other any worthy batting prospect, aside from Silva), I'd play both Chandana and Bandara, they both bat a bit and hopefully it'll force the top order to take themselves a bit more seriously.

But essentially before the WC, we really need Jayawardene, Tharanga and Dilshan in form, and not always leaving Jayasuriya and Sangakkara to bail us out of difficult situations.