• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in India

dinu23

International Debutant
honestbharani said:
Great, did they actually wait so that I was out of Chennai before they started the game? :@
I feel for u mate.

by the way, some boring batting by Sachin and Dravid. I wish Sehwag was still there.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
honestbharani said:
Great, did they actually wait so that I was out of Chennai before they started the game? :@
Unless Sachin gets his 35th hundred today, they may have done you a favour if they did :)

chipmonk

U19 Debutant
Sachin dropped twice already today off Vass and Murali and to top it off was lucky to survive a LBW off Bandara ......

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Surprise surprise !!

Sachin scores a run . Partnership goes up by 25 percent after 50 deliveries !! :-O

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
6 down, Dravid, Tendulkar, Laxman and Ganguly all out today. Not exactly the best 'match practice' for India heading into the 2nd test.

dinu23

International Debutant
another runout. boy, indians have really dug themselves a hole here. I can't understand why they're so defensive. in the ODIs they just blasted away. here they're looking like they can't bat to save themselves.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Interesting to see Sangakkara opening and Atapattu down to come in at 4 (unless he's injured and it's a makeshift option?)

Is it really right to burden Sangakkara with so much?

dinu23

International Debutant
marc71178 said:
Interesting to see Sangakkara opening and Atapattu down to come in at 4 (unless he's injured and it's a makeshift option?)

Is it really right to burden Sangakkara with so much?
Atapattu is not in good touch. he struggled against the new ball in the ODIs, hence he comes down the order. I agree that Kumar shouldn't open, specially after keeping.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
LOL. Single-figure score for Gunawardene again. I know Sri Lanka isn't brimming with batting talent, but why on earth drop Jayasuriya for a known failure?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Samuel_Vimes said:
LOL. Single-figure score for Gunawardene again. I know Sri Lanka isn't brimming with batting talent, but why on earth drop Jayasuriya for a known failure?
Another DUMB stupidity by the Lankan selectors.

I was hoping that their other stupid selection Mubarak would have been sent in to see how dismally he failed again, but then again he is being protected and mollycoddled by the powers that be !!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Not exactly a good day for India. After absolutely dominating Vaas in the seven ODIs, India has let Vaas get on top which isn't good going into the 2nd test. The rest of the series will be very interesting.

dinu23

International Debutant
good comeback by the sri lankans after the thrashing in the ODIs. the bowlers never allowed the indian batsmen to get away and the batting.....well it wasn't spectacular, but encouraging.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I guess it is a good thing that the match was washed out... Who knows what would have happened had we had a full match on that track and Indians playing that type of cricket?

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
honestbharani said:
I guess it is a good thing that the match was washed out... Who knows what would have happened had we had a full match on that track and Indians playing that type of cricket?
i wouldn't read too much into this performance, if they capitulate the same way in delhi, then i would start worrying...

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
  • Vaas bowled well, but Dilhara didn't attack enough, and bowled a few loose ones too many.
  • Gambhir needs to be careful about the ball moving in.
  • Dravid and Tendulkar have go their priorities right, but there's no need to overdo it and play out so many dot balls.
  • Ditto VVS Laxman.
  • Irfan enjoys attacking strike bowlers, but he needs to take a single when in doubt, rather than attack from ball one.
  • The Indians should set attacking fields for Mahela and Samaraweera.
  • That other opener will pose no threat for the Indians.
  • Ganguly as all-rounder? You've got to be joking!

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
dinu23 said:
good comeback by the sri lankans after the thrashing in the ODIs. the bowlers never allowed the indian batsmen to get away and the batting.....well it wasn't spectacular, but encouraging.
I don't think the Indians were motivated after 3 and 3/4 days lost to rain. So the performances in this Test were sort of meaningless and pupose less.

At the Feroze Shah Kotla Ground, believe me they are going to come firing on all cylinders, and unless our players can keep up their performances, they will see a massive form reversal within a week !! :D :D