• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Sri Lanka in India 2014

Bandage23

Cricket Spectator
Thu Oct 30 (50 ovs)
India A v Sri Lankans
Brabourne Stadium, Mumbai

Sun Nov 2 (50 ovs)
1st ODI - India v Sri Lanka
Barabati Stadium, Cuttack

Thu Nov 6 (50 ovs)
2nd ODI - India v Sri Lanka
Sardar Patel Stadium, Motera, Ahmedabad

Sun Nov 9 (50 ovs)
3rd ODI - India v Sri Lanka
Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium, Uppal, Hyderabad

Thu Nov 13 (50 ovs)
4th ODI - India v Sri Lanka
Eden Gardens, Kolkata

Sun Nov 16 (50 ovs)
5th ODI - India v Sri Lanka
JSCA International Stadium Complex, Ranchi
There are only 5 matches in this series. There was no match on Oct 30.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So now Ishant has "bowled a good spell without taking wickets" in ODIs as well. Trifecta awaiting.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Final score is below par and probably not enough against India but at least we have given ourselves something to bowl at..really disappointed with our middle order and have to say I can't see how prasana is in this team. He simply doesn't appear to have the cricketing brain to adapt his batting. I would like to see the order as Dilshan,Kushal,Sanga,Mathews,Mahela,Tharanga,Priyanjan,Thisara, Prasad,Randiv,Gamage . I want to see more "proper" batsmen in the top seven rather than relying on pinch hitters..great knock from Msthews and really well supported by prasad who showed the mental strength that those above him didn't..,

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
The four from Rahane off the second ball of the inning - always uncomfortable how away from the body he plays.

Bandage23

Cricket Spectator
India are sheer favourites currently. Sri Lanka needs to break this partnership or else they may end up being the losing team again!

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Rahane edges it trying to play a ball way outside off. It is only a matter of time before bowlers just keep bowling him outside off to get him out. Has to improve on this.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Indians are terrible against swing aren't they? Moves a bit and goes right past Dhawan. It's not like it doesn't swing at all in Australia. Who is to say bowlers won't capitalise on this weakness shown up in England.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Rayudu at 3. Awesome. Hope he makes a good one.

Cuts it for four. What a cut, what a player. :wub:

Bandage23

Cricket Spectator
Indians are terrible against swing aren't they? Moves a bit and goes right past Dhawan. It's not like it doesn't swing at all in Australia. Who is to say bowlers won't capitalise on this weakness shown up in England.
Yes they are!

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
@OS Rayudu has far better techniques than Raina, Rohit Sharma and even Dhawan I would say. I can't fathom how any one can say he has awful technique. Which parts of his technique do you not like?

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Fantastic presence of mind from Mahela to help his best mate out and remove Rahane..we just got robbed by oxenford...

Woodster

International Captain
Angelo is becoming a scary good batsman hey
Absolutely, been a really good year for him. The only thing that was missing from today was an explosion of boundaries towards the end, but that's not meant as a criticism of Mathews more a compliment to how the Indian bowlers bowled to him. Deserved a hundred, kept a great temperament throughout despite losing wickets at the other end fairly regularly after the Sanga partnership and in that middle period took calculated risks to find the boundaries. Very decent knock.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
@OS Rayudu has far better techniques than Raina, Rohit Sharma and even Dhawan I would say. I can't fathom how any one can say he has awful technique. Which parts of his technique do you not like?
His stance is horrendous, his bat face closes virtually every time he tries to play a drive, but the worst thing is his shot selection. It's just embarassing the shots he plays and gets out to sometimes.

I don't know why you say Rohit's technique is worse. I think it's fine, he just spoils it by being extremely stupid.