• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in England

PY

International Coach
On Cricinfo's scorecard, it nicely compares Mahmood and Harmison's figures....an interesting read. :laugh:

England's performance in the last couple of ODIs (read more than that really but focusing on those) has been poor in bowling for both and we're yet to see the batting. We're on a bit of a slump....thank goodness for the World Cup. :(

PY

International Coach
Runnus Maximus.

KP 'looks in the mood' sounds ominous. I hope so because he needs to be to make it a game.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
tooextracool said:
Its surprising that you actually give a **** about this. No i think if it wasnt obvious before, the English selectors have to be some of the most dim-witted selectors in the world. The fact that Kabir Ali has been given 'another chance' despite never having a good game in his entire career, and the fact that they continue to persist with the rubbish from Plunkett & Mahmood in both forms of the game when neither of them are close to being international class says it all.
Another vote for Corky then

PY

International Coach
He has to get more than half the score now IMO for England to get anywhere near it.

No pressure then.....dreadful for someone who is injured.

PY

International Coach
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
But as Cricinfo said when Pietersen came out to bat, "England expects..."
I bet this is how you felt about Brian Lara at some stage in the last decade?

PY

International Coach
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Heck, it's how I felt about Brian Lara last week Tuesday!
Fair call. :laugh:

There's a similarity at the top as well with Gayle and Tresco (in terms of batting, not physique :p).

Good over for England last one, need about 10 more of those.

PY

International Coach
Game over, another good innings from KP but no going on.

Collingwood needs 140 now. Off 80 balls. :whistling

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
After 33 overs England's projected score is 305... so they're not that far behind, until the remaining batting is taken into account that is..

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
marc71178 said:
Optimist here, I reckon about 320
Though they'd slow down - 2nd time in a row that England seem to have done well in the second half of the innnings but the first half was so bad that we're still well behind the game.

Precisely why weren't not a good ODI side.