• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Bangladesh

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Murali against non-minnows : Home and away

Okay here you are.

1. He doesnt play THAT many more home games versus away games. Against these teams it is 47 out of 82.

2, Except for Australia his record away from home against these teams is no disaster. Everyone has a quirk in their records for Murali it is his performances in Australia and to a lesser extent India. In all other countries he has a record anyone would be proud of and it would be difficult to find bowlers who have.

3. An overall away average of 27 odd against non-minnows is very commendable and i would like to know who has better figures.

4. 5.3 wkts per test(185 in 35), away from home, counting only non minnows is remarkable. No one comes close to these figures even for overall career figures except the remarkable figures of SF Barnes.

5. Same for a five for every 2.5 tests.

No Jason. Murali's figures look good by any except his own standards.

The only blip is Australia - India record.

Attachments

RolledOver

U19 Debutant
Murali is going great guns currently, he will end up getting so many wkts, that none will ever be able to break his record, that for sure.

Still i don't think he will be greatly respected after he retires.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Syed Rysel's Bowling seems to be hard to play..
Bowler O M R W Nb Wd ER
Syed Rasel 11 7 8 1 1 0 0.7

that has to be impressive...

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Sri Lanka 265/8, Bangladesh still very much in the match.

Just noticed this on Cricinfo:

# Sri Lanka (Ceylon): 50 runs in 17.5 overs (107 balls), Extras 4
# Drinks: Sri Lanka (Ceylon) - 63/4 in 24.0 overs (WU Tharanga 31, DPMD Jayawardene 5)
# 5th Wicket: 50 runs in 97 balls (WU Tharanga 30, DPMD Jayawardene 24, Ex 2)
# Sri Lanka (Ceylon): 100 runs in 31.6 overs (194 balls), Extras 6

Why do they insist on calling Sri Lanka Ceylon? :wacko:

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Was wondering the same myself. You'd think MCC members weren't that outdated.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Armadillo said:
Can someone please tell me why Vandort continues to play at international level?
**** knows.

However he could be sleeping with the same person who selects Jehan Mubarak incessantly.

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Armadillo said:
Can someone please tell me why Vandort continues to play at international level?
Well some people (Read TEC) on this forum rate him (and Jehan Mubarak) very highly. They think that Vandort and Jehan Mubarak are better batsmen than Mahanama.

Armadillo

State Vice-Captain
Sanz said:
Well some people (Read TEC) on this forum rate him (and Jehan Mubarak) very highly. They think that Vandort and Jehan Mubarak are better batsmen than Mahanama.
TEC? Jehan Mubarak is another failure, how can some rate him highly when he constantly keeps failing.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
I thought that Mubarak didn't look too bad when I saw him in the VB Series, could make a useful opener batting with Tharanga. Haven't seen Vandort.

Come on Bangladesh, we need Shahriar to mop up the tail again and then some serious runs from Javed, Habibul, Ashraful etc.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Sanz said:
No offence to TEC whoever the guy may be but the term he must have **** in his eyes comes to mind.

Also maybe its me but how can two lanky left handers be compared to Roshan Mahanama?

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Jungle Jumbo said:
I thought that Mubarak didn't look too bad when I saw him in the VB Series, could make a useful opener batting with Tharanga. Haven't seen Vandort.
Respect to Mubarak he did average one better than his career average in the VB series, 17.33.

Also who can forget Vandort's 48 in the VB series against Australia. Batting on a road chasing 300 plus the kid has the audacity to play an innings which Mark Richardson would have been proud of.

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
Shahadat has his first five wicket haul. Well done. SL all out for 316. 21.3 overs 2 maidens 5 for 86.

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Loving this match. Hossain is always going to be expensive, but well done to him for bowling enough wicket-taking deliveries.

Great captain`s knock by Bashar, I really hope he kicks on to three-figures. And then there`s Ashraful. :D