• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia 2012/2013

aussie tragic

International Captain
97 of Starc's overs come from the recent two tests ftr
There was a 10 day break between his 2 tests and In the last test, Starc bowled 52.4 overs, Siddle 51.3 and Watson 47.4 overs.... is there that much difference when there's another 8 days rest between tests?

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
from the 30th of nov, starc has bowled 101.1 overs, plus training and all that
bird has bowled 16 overs, plus training and all that. no fc matches

uvelocity

International Coach
I misread your post.. and yeah ofcourse they would be different. When was Bird's last FC game? Starc bowled a hundred in a week. Bird def didn't. He's bowled in Tasmania so has had plenty of rest.
I think the rest time for starc is enough. Short turnaround time has to be the reason and I'd have to agree with them knowing only what we know which is nothing

Spikey

this is really obvious...but think some of of you are kinda forgetting there's no time machine here. if you play starc after you've been told there's some serious risk in doing so, and he gets injured, you can't un-do it.

Spark

Global Moderator
U-"flat earth"-velocity

The only problem with benchy's argument - which I mostly agree with - is that it doesn't actually look like there's an imminent injury to Starc since they tossed up resting him for Sydney instead of here. Otherwise, yeah, we've got long-term considerations with such a talented but young bowler.

uvelocity

International Coach
So we're back to you just saying 'I don't trust the science'.
Hey these are the same ****s who gave us the cane toad and those super intelligent sharks from deep blue sea

I stand by the theory that they placed a dart in each bowlers mouth and threw the dartboard at em

Spikey

U-"flat earth"-velocity

The only problem with benchy's argument - which I mostly agree with - is that it doesn't actually look like there's an imminent injury to Starcsince they tossed up resting him for Sydney instead of here. Otherwise, yeah, we've got long-term considerations with such a talented but young bowler.
not quite getting this. he's in the danger zone. there's not up for debate. so the debate is 'rest him or take the risk?". and they thought about taking the risk of playing him here, and resting him for sydney, but decided, probably because of pattinson last season, to not take the risk. simple as

Spark

Global Moderator
not quite getting this. he's in the danger zone. there's not up for debate. so the debate is 'rest him or take the risk?". and they thought about taking the risk of playing him here, and resting him for sydney, but decided, probably because of pattinson last season, to not take the risk. simple as
yeah i largely agree

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
Starc and Johnson can be better than each other on their day, or worse. I really don't have a problem with this rotation on that basis. If we had 3 pace bowlers who were clearly fit and our best options, then yes they should be playing each test.

Burgey

Sorry, what's he in the danger zone for? Sounds like the Top Gun soundtrack.

Why don't we just admit we don't rate SL and we're giving a few blokes a run for the Ashes?

benchmark00

And I'm lead to believe they're all small. So those little Sri Lankans should look up to me like a god with my 6 foot frame.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Sorry, what's he in the danger zone for? Sounds like the Top Gun soundtrack.

Why don't we just admit we don't rate SL and we're giving a few blokes a run for the Ashes?
Yeah, it is not like you need to play a full strength side against the minnows. Should just play an Australia A against them. The match would be over in three days, they can rest the players during the two days off.

Burgey

I mean, they trusted the science and rested Hilf didn't they? That worked well.

I think it's time we got a full blown explanation as to what "the science" is, frankly. Because ATM the only science in play is the wonder of how a bloke like Pat Howard:
a. Walks around with his head up his own arse; and
b. Seems to be dictating to the selectors and captain who plays and when, based on what a bloke tells him when he gives him a call and asks how he feels.

Thought the science of the telephone was pretty well settled tbh.