• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka Discussion/Domestic thread 2014/15

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Nice to see Gamage pick up a few, the fringe players making a good case here with Thirimanne, Chandiguns, Dimuth, Gamage Prasanna all putting their hands up, hopefully we take the new ball tomorrow morning and clean them up then knock off the runs before drinks

YorksLanka

International Debutant
good win for our boys, well done, nice to see our younger opening bowlers pick up some wickets too as well as Prasanna again in this innings..imo, he needs to make a few slightly better shot selections fromthe games i have seen him play in and he will be fine at the top level..again, well done boys,comprehensive victory...

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah couldn't have asked for much more as a SL fan from that game, all the pace bowlers showed something at some point and Prasanna bowled really well, with all these offspinners around the fringes it's nice to see a guy like Prasanna doing well, Tharindu Kaushal and Suraj Randiv probably ought to get a game at some point too this series.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Sri Lanka Cricket News: SL to host next Test series against India - Ranatunga | ESPN Cricinfo

But then how will Sangakarra fix up his shoddy India record? SLC definitely after a bit of cash here, at least they have said they'll keep the series as a test only thing, am surprised they haven't gone and tried to fit 3 ODIs in there and cut a test in the proposal.

Also SL 'A' vs WI 'A' is getting rained out as we speak, the SL squad is rather different to the one that played the last game so I was interested to see how they would go

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Really interesting game going on atm, most of day 1 and 2 washed out but both first innings complete by halfway through day 3, Tharindu Kaushal stands up again, really good prospect he is

YorksLanka

International Debutant
nice to see Nuwan Pradeep bowling again and also picking up a few wickets too..Personally I am not convinced that kusal perera is a test or longer format opener and would have preferred to see dimuth or silva there instead(ideally both with tharanga in middle)..I was very impressed with priyanjan from what i saw in the odi's here in England recently, not just at his scores btw b ut the WAY he took the game to the opposition and turned it back to us...hope he gets some form as i would want him in our world cup XI

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Good comeback from the bowlers after the big opening stand, Tharindu Kaushal standing up once again and Pradeep whipped out the tail nicely, all good signs from a national team front, shame a few of the batsman haven't really kicked on today though

YorksLanka

International Debutant
hopefully chandi will get some decent runs under his belt and force his way back into the full team...

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
There has already been a small one-day tournament I think so far this season but I couldn't find any results, today the one day premiere league starts, a few guys will be pushing for WC spots so it's interesting to see who's taking wickets and making runs

YorksLanka

International Debutant
great news hearing that Satchi has been officially cleared by the ICC..half of me says get him in to wednesday's ODI but the other half says keep his new action hidden until the world cup itself :blink:

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah get him in, straight in I reckon, the new action will be just a non-chucking version of the old one IMO, same variations and stuff. We have to see if he is going to perform at the same level and we need to know very quickly

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Been a bit busy lately but had a look at the results for the first round of the Premiere League FC tournament, looks like a few fringe players are out of the blocks well. Nondescripts had a massive win off the back of a Tharindu Kaushal 10fer and hundreds to Tharanga and Mubarak, Dickwella managed to make a double too.

Noah

School Boy/Girl Captain
What do the followers of Sri Lankan domestic cricket think of young Pawan Davinda? He had a seriously impressive debut season for the Nondescripts last year.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Tharindu Kaushal and Jehan Mubarak continue to dominate for Nondescripts, looking forward to Kaushal hopefully getting another go in the test side in Asia, Mubarak could play a role in Sri Lanka's transition out of the Sanga/Mahela era too IMO, particularly if Sanga does indeed retire after the WC, I note that he has taken another pot shot at SLC this week over that CLT20 fiasco where the board tried to turn his franchise choice into a national honour thing

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Bit of a revamp occurring in SLC atm, new interim committee is hoping to rid the board of all the corruption and crap that has plagued SLC and Jayasuria's selection panel is gone and won't be coming back one hopes

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Great result for us though, Kusal Perera if Kusal Perera can do this a little more often that would be great, handy from Priyanjan too, he'll come into the ODI side once the national side starts playing again. Tharindu, Chameera and Gamage all contributing with the ball which is good because they are all fringe players, good to see