• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South African tour of England and Ireland 2022

GRAB

First Class Debutant
Zondo gets a reprieve. Still not as unfortunate as day a Imraan Khan or Andrew Puttick...

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Looks like it's going to be a three day Test - surely that's the worst of both worlds?

I think we can all probably agree here they should've just played today, but if not then given the Day 1 washout surely they might as well cancel the whole thing. It's pointless.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Looks like it's going to be a three day Test - surely that's the worst of both worlds?

I think we can all probably agree here they should've just played today, but if not then given the Day 1 washout surely they might as well cancel the whole thing. It's pointless.
If we get 3 days at 98 overs a day, we'll finish the match with these two batting and bowling sides, or have a decent chance to do so.

Yet Reckon we'll have more weather which will make it pointless, but I'll still be glad to have something to watch tomorrow hopefully.

shortpitched713

International Captain

Why don't they just play 4 days, as the South Africans seem willing to do it?

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's a touching tribute to how England used to do test matches at the time of Liz's birth

Dendarii

International Debutant
The reasoning does seem to be a little weak as it does sound like they're saying that the players don't want to have one fewer day at home. But maybe it's not as simple as just booking flights for the next day given how many people they need to make new travel arrangements for. So I guess it's possible that not leaving on Tuesday could result in them having to stay more than just one day and that would start to have a knock-on effect.

GRAB

First Class Debutant
How about the two teams agree to forfeit an innings? We could all chip in to get Elgar a leather jacket to express our thanks.
The last time england and sa did that it ended in a plane crash in the Outeniqua Mountains...

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
The reasoning does seem to be a little weak as it does sound like they're saying that the players don't want to have one fewer day at home. But maybe it's not as simple as just booking flights for the next day given how many people they need to make new travel arrangements for. So I guess it's possible that not leaving on Tuesday could result in them having to stay more than just one day and that would start to have a knock-on effect.
I suppose for some an extra day without your kids before heading off on tour again is a big thing to ask...