• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** South African Domestic Season 2018/19

GRAB

First Class Debutant
Even with the large numbers away on Protea duty, Titans have a glut of young batsmen and wicketkeepers. Moonsamy also struggling to get game time as a keeper batsman and players like du Plooy as well. Knights on the other hand are struggling to hold on to anyone at all, but it does feel players aren't developing well there. Rosier has definitely taken steps forward since he moved to Titans...

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Publications such as the SA Cricket Magazine are suggesting the Provincial structure will be in place from May 1 2020?
OK gone back and checked, Original reports was May 2022, but it seems that it will be from May 2020. So start 20/21 season. But they also talking about a 3 stage process so the full competition is running by 2022. Not quite sure how that will all work. I do know that the MOU for the players was 4 years (until 2022) so that is somehow still stay in play, I don't believe that CSA can make that decisions without the SACA giving a green-light because that is part of the MOU. (Which is probably why everybody is/was orginally talking 2022)

We will see what happens I do think that the May 2020 is probably an aspiration rather than set in stone.

SeamUp

International Coach
T20 or FC cricket ? Would seriously just fast-track him to the A squad even if hardly any franchise cricket this season.

Dupavillon to RR Hendricks, OUT, EDGED and gones straight to Slip. The extra bounce does the trick.
RR Hendricks c Erwee b Dupavillon 0 (1b 0x4 0x6) SR: 0.00

Dupavillon to van der Dussen, 1 run, another out-side edge but this time low to the ground through the vacant 3rd-slip area

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
T20 or FC cricket ? Would seriously just fast-track him to the A squad even if hardly any franchise cricket this season.

Dupavillon to RR Hendricks, OUT, EDGED and gones straight to Slip. The extra bounce does the trick.
RR Hendricks c Erwee b Dupavillon 0 (1b 0x4 0x6) SR: 0.00

Dupavillon to van der Dussen, 1 run, another out-side edge but this time low to the ground through the vacant 3rd-slip area
You watch him and just see the quality.

Amla knicked behind. Really nothing shot unfortunately.

As above - Reeza with a first ball duck.
Amla does not look to be in the right frame of mind. I`m not sure if he is hanging on because he wants to or because he has been asked to? He does not look like a man who really wants to be there right now.

SeamUp

International Coach
You watch him and just see the quality.

Amla does not look to be in the right frame of mind. I`m not sure if he is hanging on because he wants to or because he has been asked to? He does not look like a man who really wants to be there right now.
It's not good. I must say, I was really surprised he got a central contract. CSA have asked him to stay on I reckon.

SeamUp

International Coach
Ntini would be happy. He picked Verreynne in his squad already! Bit early for Qeshile.
Agree.

What is your thoughts on J.Malan ? Think him, Rickelton, de Zorzi can be fairly happy with their achievements so far but I do wonder just how far they can go ? Right now only limited overs options.

I don't see them touching Breetzke's talent as an all-round opener/bat. Breetzke just has that compactness and class look to him that makes him a test and ODI option down the line. Uses the off-side (play all around the wicket) and a nice soft bottom hand that allows the ball to come to him.

Hamza, Mulder, Verreynne, Qeshile, Ackerman, van Tonder I am extremely happy where they are and their adaptability as batsman from what I have seen to go far as potential top/middle order batsman.

SeamUp

International Coach
Dala just pinned Verreynne right on the badge and his forehead is bleeding. Retired hurt. He was concussed only a few weeks ago.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Agree.

What is your thoughts on J.Malan ? Think him, Rickelton, de Zorzi can be fairly happy with their achievements so far but I do wonder just how far they can go ? Right now only limited overs options.

I don't see them touching Breetzke's talent as an all-round opener/bat. Breetzke just has that compactness and class look to him that makes him a test and ODI option down the line. Uses the off-side (play all around the wicket) and a nice soft bottom hand that allows the ball to come to him.

Hamza, Mulder, Verreynne, Qeshile, Ackerman, van Tonder I am extremely happy where they are and their adaptability as batsman from what I have seen to go far as potential top/middle order batsman.
J. Malan looks a limited batsmen, but he seems to be making it work at the moment. Rickelton I`m unsure about seems to show something but also seems limited in his shots at times. Both of these guys make me think of van Dussen, who has made it work. de Zorzi I think may become a good player in the longer form, think he needs more experience, but my have the highest potential of these 3.

Breetzke talent is obvious, but I'm not convinced about his temperament (said as much before) hopefully changes that around. Bedingham looks really good as well, but needs to make a bit more of a mark.

Agree 100% on Hamza, Mulder, Verreynne. All for different reasons. I really like what I've seen of Verreynne because he really seems like a thinking cricketer but at the same time has real confidence, and willing to take (thoughtful) risks. Think he may become a great 5/6 for SA LO team. Mulder just looks the business, hopefully continues to perform. On Qeshile, Ackerman, van Tonder. I rate van Tonder very highly, been disappointed he has not been given more opportunity. I hope he performs and gets to the higher level quickly. I`m on the fence regards Ackerman. I think he deserves an opportunity at some stage, but I`m actually not the biggest fan. Qeshile I`m unsure about, he seems to be getting the runs, but I want another season. I`m worried he is going to get pushed to the top levels before he is ready and get found out.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Good to see Wiaan in the runs.
Its great to see.... and 5 6's shows he is really capable of clearing the fence. Looks such a good player. All I want to do is see him play and given time he will come good. Like Markram, just class.

Dala just pinned Verreynne right on the badge and his forehead is bleeding. Retired hurt. He was concussed only a few weeks ago.
Unfortunate, was a good ball though.

And that was a nice little cameo from Philander at the end there.

Last edited: