• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** South African Domestic Season 2018/19

SeamUp

International Coach
Rory fairly critical of Bavuma yesterday. In the overs leading up to Ryan getting out it felt like RR was the only one trying to do anything to get at the run rate & Temba was putting pressure on him and not once did Temba speak to him during those overs.

Rory Kleinveldt
‏@RoryK_9
He is a proper talent n a good lad !! My concern is that he had an experienced campaigner at the other end who didn’t exactly help him out in any way. In fact put him under serious pressure with the way he batted. If he can open up the off side he can become a serious playa!

SeamUp

International Coach
It is official but a little later.

EWN Sport
@EWNsport
ICYMI: @OfficialCSA announced they will collapse the franchise system and will reintroduce the provincial cricket system from May 2022 - there will be 12 provinces

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
It is official but a little later.

EWN Sport
@EWNsport
ICYMI: @OfficialCSA announced they will collapse the franchise system and will reintroduce the provincial cricket system from May 2022 - there will be 12 provinces
Glad they taking their time and hopefully planning everything properly. Longer planned timeline than Brexit!

SeamUp

International Coach
Glad they taking their time and hopefully planning everything properly. Longer planned timeline than Brexit!
Ha !

They thinking of adding Limpopo and Mpumalanga after that. Giving them time to grow.

The only positive for me is it will always allow one smaller team at least in division 1 in a 7/7 split league

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
Sounds like the Knights have had a few selection issues. They have ditched players from the first game including Second.

Van Tonder, Coetzee and Jansen all in the squad and could play. Titans being really difficult over Makwetu leaving early. Hasn't been too friendly.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Sounds like the Knights have had a few selection issues. They have ditched players from the first game including Second.

Van Tonder, Coetzee and Jansen all in the squad and could play. Titans being really difficult over Makwetu leaving early. Hasn't been too friendly.
Missed something there? Is Makwetu leaving Titans?

And I really hope hope Van Tonder plays.

SeamUp

International Coach
SACA latest. They have had to release a public statement as CSA don't respond to them.

”SACA has formally written to CSA twice in the last six weeks to express its concerns relating to CSA’s financial position. To date we haven't received any reply at all to those letters” SACA President Oomphile Ramela

SACA not convinced by CSA changes

https://www.sacricketmag.com/saca-unconvinced-by-csa-changes/

Last edited:

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
SACA latest. They have had to release a public statement as CSA don't respond to them.

”SACA has formally written to CSA twice in the last six weeks to express its concerns relating to CSA’s financial position. To date we haven't received any reply at all to those letters” SACA President Oomphile Ramela

SACA not convinced by CSA changes
The SACA I feel are being a bit of dicks here.... They unconvinced of the changes because nobody knows what is or will be happening yet. No resolution, nobody has made any final decisions. They send a letter and demand a response? If this was going to be implemented in 6 months sure. But not if we talking the 21/22 season, let CSA do their due diligence and come to the SACA with a completed structure, that can then be negotiated.

SeamUp

International Coach
The SACA I feel are being a bit of dicks here.... They unconvinced of the changes because nobody knows what is or will be happening yet. No resolution, nobody has made any final decisions. They send a letter and demand a response? If this was going to be implemented in 6 months sure. But not if we talking the 21/22 season, let CSA do their due diligence and come to the SACA with a completed structure, that can then be negotiated.
But the players make CSA so they should have been notified step by step with everything. Surely ? Communication is what keeps things moving smoothly.

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
Gerald should debut tonight.

Knights squad

Andries Gous
Patrick Kruger
Raynard van Tonder
Pite van Biljon
Grant Mokoena
Ryan Mclaren
Gerald Coetsee
Shadley van Schalkwyk
Ottniel Baartman
Thandolwethu Mnyaka
Eddie Leie
Marco Jansen
Tshepo Ntuli

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
But the players make CSA so they should have been notified step by step with everything. Surely ?
The players make the game but they don't run the game. If SACA want to run the game then they should do so... their job is to look after the players interests, nobody even knows what the interests are at this stage.

SACA talk about having sent a letter six weeks ago, this last meeting 10 days ago was the first set of details that has really even emerged of what is favoured (not decided) by the franchises/provinces and CSA. So now SACA goes to the media stamps their foot and has a tantrum because people aren't jumping to their tune. This becomes classic politics from unions.... no respect for that.

Be patient (still at least 3 years to go), show you want to be part of the decision process and keep communications open. Don't be belligerent.

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
The players make the game but they don't run the game. If SACA want to run the game then they should do so... their job is to look after the players interests, nobody even knows what the interests are at this stage.

SACA talk about having sent a letter six weeks ago, this last meeting 10 days ago was the first set of details that has really even emerged of what is favoured (not decided) by the franchises/provinces and CSA. So now SACA goes to the media stamps their foot and has a tantrum because people aren't jumping to their tune. This becomes classic politics from unions.... no respect for that.

Be patient (still at least 3 years to go), show you want to be part of the decision process and keep communications open. Don't be belligerent.
I prefer communication. It is what SACA is there for. These are the people they rely on to make the game 'for them to run'. Having your product happy and knowing what their futures are is what makes a successful company. I guess that is why CSA aren't a successful company that makes losses and has a history of corruption. But to be more polite this is just incompetence not communicating. It is just simple stuff.

They couldn't even be bothered to try promote this CSA T20 Challenge. No need to try bring more people (money) in at all.

Last edited:

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I prefer communication. It is what SACA is there for. These are the people they rely on to make the game 'for them to run'. Having your product happy and knowing what their futures are is what makes a successful company. I guess that is why CSA aren't a successful company that makes losses and has a history of corruption. But to be more polite this is just incompetence not communicating. It is just simple stuff.
This is the same behaviour that unions have when management look at restructuring, rightly or wrongly depending on circumstances.... look I don't think CSA is perfect by any means, but there is nothing to really communicate about yet. I think the players union is behaving in a belligerent manner demanding to be heard when decisions are still being discussed for 3-4 years down the line. I do think the SACA are doing this purely for political reasons.