• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa Tour of Sri Lanka 2018

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
There is plenty to take away: gunathilake did well coming in at the top.Good performances by de Silva at 3 considering his age and the fact he had just come in. Also good from mendis. Nice to see Akila perform with bat and ball and Dilruwan showed why he is in this team. Lakmal was good as captain and finally we got s whitewash without our captain and coach so plenty to be pleased about...
I dunno I honestly thought that the saffers just weren't good enough to poke the holes in our team properly. Being 8/170 odd in the first dig at galle and then losing 10/150 odd after a good opening stand at SSC shows that our batting is still prone to crumbling, spinners totally bailed us out this time

YorksLanka

International Debutant
I dunno I honestly thought that the saffers just weren't good enough to poke the holes in our team properly. Being 8/170 odd in the first dig at galle and then losing 10/150 odd after a good opening stand at SSC shows that our batting is still prone to crumbling, spinners totally bailed us out this time
to be fair, I didn't see all of the match but I did think that Maharaj bowled well in the conditions so I would give credit to him for that ..
@Bahseph: in terms of gunathilaka, personally I wasn't a fan of his either in this format but runs are runs to be honest.looks like his poor disciplinary record strikes again so he may not be allowed to play..

MagicPoopShovel

U19 12th Man
Agree with most of your points except Gunathilaka. Guy seems to be a little bit of a loose cannon from what I've read. Are they really going to persist with him?
Well I don't really know what to think of him following what has happened now. I don't think SL should persist with serial offenders like Gunathilaka tbh.

Broke team curfew and is tangled up in a rape case (where he was passed out drunk apparently - while his friend raped some Norwegian girl - in the same room) The story keeps changing daily so I don't know if this true anymore. Seems like there is concereted effort to try and protect him.

MagicPoopShovel

U19 12th Man
Agree with this. SL were one good spell from being bowled out for very low totals in both games. The Spinenrs came to the party yet again at home..which tends to hide these holes in the side..and SL tend to continue pretending everything is ok

Quite disappointed with Roshen who now seems to have a weakness against pace.

Karunaratne was the obvious stand out. de Silva and Mendis threw away a few good starts.

Dickwella's batting is woeful but I think his keeping has improved so much that I'd still play him for all home Tests as he keeps completing the chances the spinners create.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Dickwella can play, he bailed us out a few times in the WI with some great counter attacks, his shot selection in this latest series was really poor at times though

MagicPoopShovel

U19 12th Man
Dickwella can play, he bailed us out a few times in the WI with some great counter attacks, his shot selection in this latest series was really poor at times though
He can bat, but the problem is his mentality and shot selection and brain fades. He just doesn't give you any confidence with the way he plays. Granted he played some very important knocks in the WI but I still feel if he buckles down a bit more he can contribute more and in a consistent manner.

I like him. But he can be better. And I am sure he knows it too.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dickwella and A Dananjya are the only ones in the SL team with a single letter first name.