• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in New Zealand 2017

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Found the answer, Out for the first 2 ODIs, Big loss.
Don't worry, just do your usual thing: wait until the innings break, declare NZ well behind, and we'll be 2-0 up and ready to wrap up the series by the time he comes back. :p

Interesting footage of Milne and Ferguson there. Ferguson looking a shade quicker to my eye, but Milne still bowling with some good heat.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Don't worry, just do your usual thing: wait until the innings break, declare NZ well behind, and we'll be 2-0 up and ready to wrap up the series by the time he comes back. :p

Lol, if only it was that simple, but hey it it ain't broke.....

jcas0167

International Debutant
Slightly surprised at the Phillips pick given his age and the opposition, but it was always a question of when not if with him, and his domestic T20 form was exceptional. Relatively unusual for NZ to pick a batsman at 20. Latham was 19, but that was against Zimbabwe, and Kane was 20 against Bangladesh then India. Before that I think McCullum debuted as an opener in the World Series aged 20.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Not sure if this is a comment for the domestic thread, but how do the "younger" NZ keepers - Blundell, Phillips, Seifert, Fletcher, Cleaver (though I don't know if the last 2 are even contenders at this point) stack up in terms of keeping ability

Shady Slim

International Coach
keen for this to see how nz perform against some solidness opposition at home

if they can draw or even win it'll put world cricket in an interesting state

SeamUp

International Coach
I think SA fans also want a few players to convince more and a NZL tour is good test.

There is also the fact that we beat NZL to zip in the ODI's last tour and beat them in the tests so the Kiwi's will want to put that right and get a first test series win against SA.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I would be disappointed if we lost to NZ in the test series. The ODI series I can see being very close and could go either way.

SeamUp

International Coach
I would be disappointed if we lost to NZ in the test series. The ODI series I can see being very close and could go either way.
We still have issues to iron out in the test team to. Cook/Duminy still looking over shoudlers ? Bavuma and 3rd seamer etc

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
We still have issues to iron out in the test team to. Cook/Duminy still looking over shoudlers ? Bavuma and 3rd seamer etc
There is still question marks... particularly Bavuma and probably Duminy. But man for man with QDK coming in at 7, think our batting should be alright and I think our bowling is still strong even with the loss of Abbott, think Olivier deserves a shot, or even Morris. Better not play Parnell in the Tests team, gives me no confidence. Would love to see Morkel back....

SeamUp

International Coach
There is still question marks... particularly Bavuma and probably Duminy. But man for man with QDK coming in at 7, think our batting should be alright and I think our bowling is still strong even with the loss of Abbott, think Olivier deserves a shot, or even Morris. Better not play Parnell in the Tests team, gives me no confidence. Would love to see Morkel back....
I'm with you.

Pitches used to be much tougher in New Zealand to bat on and score. If anything our last few tours have been tough to try and get 20 wickets with some tough conditions for bowling ie we seem to get Dunedin every tour now and it is just too damn cold to get seam or swing and the rain of course. Thought Hamilton at least brought reverse swing but the Basin was flat as well last tour.