• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in New Zealand 2012

Cam7

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I don't think I've ever seen the outfield at the Basin looking so wet (other than when it's actually raining, of course!). The umps were initially saying at least an hour's delay to the start of play but I reckon we can write off at least the entire first session.

Then there's the possibility of even more showers during the day, of course.

Cam7

Umps having another inspection at 11:30. Lunch now likely to be taken early at 12pm.

Meridio

International Regular
Don't want to tempt fate, but it looks like it's clearing up outside (I'm about 3 kms from the Basin). Feels lighter anyway.

Cam7

Umps out having another inspection now and they're looking rather concerned. I predict another delay.

Meridio

International Regular
Another shower passing over up here at work. Not sure which direction the wind's going though, hopefully not towards the Basin.

Briony

International Debutant
Taylor wins the toss and will predictably bowl. Obviously a massive advantage to the kiwis on a green deck.

Kallis injured replaced by Duminy.

de Lange replaces Tahir.

Howsie

International Captain
I don't know, the ball will move around early on you'd think but I'd hardly call this pitch a greentop. Graeme Smith himself said he didn't know whether he would've battted or bowled first on this pitch, say's it all really.

Happy to see de Lange play too, Tahir was just a passenger really.

Meridio

International Regular
Taylor wins the toss and will predictably bowl. Obviously a massive advantage to the kiwis on a green deck.
:laugh:

Yeah, we're pretty much unbackable favourites now. Especially considering we've just won the toss and bowled first after dropping a seamer.

Briony

International Debutant
Smith didn't exactly say he would bat first, more that he was more likely to do it had it been an early start.

If the conditions are conducive you need three, not four seamers.

You could also argue that SA's advantage of four seamers rather than three and Tahir has been negated now that they are bowling second. So it probably evens out.

Certainly the kiwi batting should be stronger and they will bat in easier conditions.