• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I thought from the first innings' scores it can't have been that bad.

Certainly have no problems agreeing with you there - seriously, try to remember 10 tests you've either seen or been to where the wicket has helped the quicks by being green and seaming, then flattened out to bat well for a few days, then turned big on the last day or two with spinners dominating. It rarely happens. You don't often get wickets that do all those things in the one game.

If the pitch isn't bad, did India simply bowl well and SA wilted, or was there some particularly poor batting?
India know how to bowl better on this pitch, and it helps that their fourth spin bowler outbowled South Africa's first spin bowler. That to me was the big difference, but really you put it on a right length and line, and you'll get some spin. Throw a bit of variety and you'll get wickets. India didn't bowl exceptionally well, and in fact, wasted the new ball in the first innings. This time around, Bhajji opened the bowling and India were spot on. So I think they bowled much better this time around, but it wasn't exceptional. There were some poor shots in the vast majority of the wickets, while one or two just had really bad bounce that got them.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
This is a very good win for India, batting last to win the game. Still very dissapointed with Ahemdabad, but I'll take this. So will, I think, South Africa. SA are a very good team, and though they didn't beat India on a typical Indian pitch this tour, they brought their A game when the pitch suited them, which is what more than India do a lot of times. With that said, they made up for a bit in this game. I hate this three match series, because I think a longer series would have been way more exciting, but I suppose thats cricket these days.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
3 matches is fine though - leaves you wanting a bit more. This is more than I can say about seven match ODI series - which leave you (a fan) physically tired at the end.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Haha, why is Harris sending down full toss? Here's a pitch which is about as good as you can hope for as a spinner, and he wants to forego its use :p.

pasag

RTDAS
3 matches is fine though - leaves you wanting a bit more. This is more than I can say about seven match ODI series - which leave you (a fan) physically tired at the end.
I'm not a fan of the seven match ODI concept either but the two recent ones, Eng-Ind and Aus-Ind were both very good value for money, in fairness. Take of that what you will.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm not a fan of the seven match ODI concept either but the two recent ones, Eng-Ind and Aus-Ind were both very good value for money, in fairness. Take of that what you will.
They were good, but they would have been just as good were they five ODIs. The latter would have left the spectator eagerly anticipating the next contest too, whereas seven ODIs has a risk of saturation.

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
Wouldn't go as far and say it is 'officially' over.

I think Ganguly for MOTM and Steyn for MOTS. Bhaji has looked poor at a lot of times. And Without looking at any stats, does anyone find it odd that Sehwag will be the leading run scorer - he hasn't had another innings of note since the triple.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Wouldn't go as far and say it is 'officially' over.

I think Ganguly for MOTM and Steyn for MOTS. Bhaji has looked poor at a lot of times. And Without looking at any stats, does anyone find it odd that Sehwag will be the leading run scorer - he hasn't had another innings of note since the triple.
Well that's what happens in a three match series - plus triples are so rare in the game that it would normally happen in most series.