• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India 2015

Burner

International Regular
I agree with that. If you keep responding to the criticisms especially on platfoams like twitter, rightfully or not, you will only get more of it.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Had a weird response to another cricketer after the third test as well. So it has happened more than once. There was also a tweet from Aakash Chopra Ashwin retweeted which dissed a random twitter user who said he thought Ashwin chucked. It's giving importance to stuff which don't deserve it where I am concerned.

His response to Rodney Hogg was epic and 100% justified. And your other instances are still very less compared to the amount of tweeting that goes on every day. So while I think you are right that in the main it is better to not respond to such nonsense, esp. from non-cricketers, I still think these are outliers and not regular occurrences, so no harm at all. Everyone loses patience once in a while.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
After the death of MAK Pataudi, we don't have anyone who is qualified to making comments on Kohli's relationship with Anushka.

smash84

The Tiger King
what's with the indian cricketers getting all precious about some criticism of late?

They should have gotten used to it by now.

cnerd123

likes this
what's with the indian cricketers getting all precious about some criticism of late?

I think they're annoyed about getting criticised even when they are winning. First the talk on the pitch, then spending more time finding the flaws in their performances rather than talking about what they did right.

Even Cricinfo have been so unsupportive, which is surprising. First the pitch talk, and then articles like this

After the rough year and a half they have had with the overseas tours, the World Cup, they finally win a Test series, and not only that, but in an utterly dominant manner over the number 1 side in thw world...and yet people criticised them. I can see why they're annoyed tbh.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!

They took it allright when they were losing for a year straight in overseas tests. Now when they're finally winning, some people have said stupid **** to discredit their victory. It's obvious why they'd be pissed.

Last edited:

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, I think people just need to take it easy and realize that India as a team has already accepted the fact that they need to do well overseas, its not as if they are in denial of it. Which is why constantly being reminded of the fact that home victories don't mean anything and we will see how you go when you tour overseas is pretty annoying.

Last edited:

longranger

U19 Cricketer
I think this Indian team should get used to being under-appreciated in the future. Given the enormous clout that the BCCI now wields, and of course, several unpopular decisions such as rejecting DRS, altering FTP as their whims, etc, India is now a favorite for fans of other cricketing nations to deride. Whenever India will lose, opposition will take glee in the fact that they've beaten the Big Bad Rich Machine. Indian wins will be dismissed as 'par for the course', much like how the US is routinely expected to route the Olympics.

This is not to say that the Indian team have done anything recently that duly deserve a lot of praise. The day India wins an overseas series in a tough location like ENG, AUS, RSA, will see them get their due praise. In some quarters, it was an easier ride for the team when they were plucky underdogs. They are now the complete antithesis of that.

smash84

The Tiger King
I think they're annoyed about getting criticised even when they are winning. First the talk on the pitch, then spending more time finding the flaws in their performances rather than talking about what they did right.

Even Cricinfo have been so unsupportive, which is surprising. First the pitch talk, and then articles like this

After the rough year and a half they have had with the overseas tours, the World Cup, they finally win a Test series, and not only that, but in an utterly dominant manner over the number 1 side in thw world...and yet people criticised them. I can see why they're annoyed tbh.
fair points

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
There is a lot of dumb journalism which goes around. India should have been praised far more than they were when they won the series in Lanka. The pitch was an issue but I don't understand why it seemed like the only question asked to the players in press conferences. It's not like the players created the pitches or were responsible for the pitches. Ravi Shastri bashed some curator a few weeks back but the responsibility of the pitches is still with the board and the curator. It does take the shine off a series win to an extent but it's still a series win. If it's a flat wicket and a player scores a 250+, it makes zero sense moaning to the player in question that the pitch was flat.