• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India 2015

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rahane at 3? is this a new development or am I just not remembering things properly?

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
So, India is going with this top 6 in order:
Dhawan
Rohit
Rahane
Kohli
Dhoni
Raina

Super, this is the lineup I wanted from before the World Cup. Dhoni's brain works months after me :p

Niall

International Coach
I am a little surprised SA don't play Abbott more often in LO cricket.
Got to feel for him, unfairly left out of the world cup semi final and not picked for this series for reasons unknown.

Rabada is promising, but not sure he should be picked ahead of Abbot at this moment in time.

Heck I'd probably have Abbot in the team ahead of Steyn (white ball cricket)

cnerd123

likes this
Your reasons?
- Rahane and Kohli are equally gun at tearing apart quick bowlers
- Rahane and Kohli are equally gun at finding gaps

- Kohli is better at power hitting
- Kohli is better at manipulating the field
- Kohli is better at judging a run-chase

Kohli is going to be better than Rahane at any slot in the ODI lineup, but the gap between Rahane and Kohli at number 3 is much narrower than the gap between them at number 4.

Kohli at 4 also brings him in later in the innings, allowing him to bat deeper into the innings, and thus supporting Raina and MSD when it comes to late-innings hitting. I'd much rather have Kohli walk in with 20 overs to go than Rahane.

Rahane also plays swing much better than Kohli, and so is much more adept to walking in and facing the new ball.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
haha shocking fielding from tahir. always good to dive even if you've missed it though, to fool people into thinking you put in effort.