• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India 2015

cnerd123

likes this
****kkkkkkkkkkkkk. don't understand this attitude at all
1) On the one hand, Rohit killing it is awesome for the team and awesome to watch
2) On the other hand, he has received so many opportunities and so much support, while there are so many other talented batsmen who were just dropped as soon as they failed (Tiwary, Kaif, Uthappa, all come to mind), and so many who didn't even get a fair run...it's just not fair. And all of it purely because of his talent, while out in the middle he keeps getting out to dumb**** shots and under pressure scenarios. Him failing makes the captains, selectors, coaches, and ****s like Ravi Shastri look wrong and stupid, and cricketing Karma is served. All those poor batsmen who can't break into the side because of Nohit's presence are avenged.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Him failing makes the captains, selectors, coaches, and ****s like Ravi Shastri look wrong and stupid, and cricketing Karma is served. All those poor batsmen who can't break into the side because of Nohit's presence are avenged.
And him getting runs vindicates the management's faith in him

cnerd123

likes this
And him getting runs vindicates the management's faith in him
Yea which is stupid because they clearly used different standards for him than they did for all the other batsmen we tried in the same time frame. Zzzz. They're going to be all like "SEE WE WERE RIGHT ALL ALONG", completely ignoring that Nohit stunk it up for like 100 ODIs, and contributed in several lost series and tournaments in the process.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yea which is stupid because they clearly used different standards for him than they did for all the other batsmen we tried in the same time frame. Zzzz. They're going to be all like "SEE WE WERE RIGHT ALL ALONG", completely ignoring that Nohit stunk it up for like 100 ODIs, and contributed in several lost series and tournaments in the process.
Sachin stunk it up for 75+ ODIs.

Hate Rohit the infuriatingly mediocre test batsman who goes missing when the team needs him.

There's literally no reason to hate him in ODIs. He's been awesome for quite a while now.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Rohit is going to have a very long chat session with ***** soon

"This 'talent' talk has messed things up for me. I started my career as a bowler. I was never a batsman. All this natural talent, god's gift that you guys in the media talk and write about is unfair and wrong. I have worked on my batting to get here. I used to bat at No. 8. From there, I made my way up. Ask my coach, Mr Dinesh Lad, and he will tell you that I was an offspinner.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Sachin stunk it up for 75+ ODIs.

Hate Rohit the infuriatingly mediocre test batsman who goes missing when the team needs him.

There's literally no reason to hate him in ODIs. He's been awesome for quite a while now.
You know for a long time, when Rohit used to suck at ODIs (before his test debut), his supporters (?) used to say give him a go in Tests, he is not cut out for ODIs.

Interesting how things have reversed.

cnerd123

likes this
Sachin didn't stink it up wtf are you on about.

Played several fantastic late-innings cameos, and contributed significantly as a fifth bowler. He delivered in pressure situations too.

Sachin also wasn't keeping any gun batsmen out of the side with his presence, and was doing well enough in Tests to justify keeping him in the ODI side.

Nohit has been the opposite. Cashes in one weak opponents/dead rubbers, goes missing when we need crucial runs, barely bowls. Didn't play a single test for his first 100 ODIs. And there were several gun batsmen who could have taken his spot but were left out to favour him - Rayudu and Rahane were amongst those batsmen.