• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in England

Should Freddy be included in team for the second Test?

• Total voters

Barney Rubble

International Coach
I wonder what the fastest 1000 runs in Tests is by someone never batting any higher than eight? Broad has 285 in 7 matches so far, good bet that he'll make 1000 runs inside 15-20 Tests at this rate.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I wonder what the fastest 1000 runs in Tests is by someone never batting any higher than eight? Broad has 285 in 7 matches so far, good bet that he'll make 1000 runs inside 15-20 Tests at this rate.
Similarly though, it's a good bet that he might move up the order

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Should be innings that counts surely? Otherwise players in teams with weaker batting orders would be favoured.

jammay123

State 12th Man
the south africans bowling has too come back and perform like they shouds be . this is a performance that is truley disapointing i expected from all of the hype about the bowling attack that when sent in england would be all out by tea but low and behold when i get home yesterday i see how lame they are bowling. i thought it would be different tthis morning but obviously not. morkel is the only bright spot for the tourists so far showing great promise.

the defensive bowling too me seems a desperate ploy by smith to make the englands innings last as long as possible ensuring no result posssible . he and the other south african batsmen should be fully able to perform better batting against a english attack which is undoubtedley even with this innings poor showing by the south africans a much poorer attack.

steyn also is not living up to expectatioms and this cannot be placed soley on the lack of swing because he performed well in india were conditions were a loot worse for swing but he seems at this moment like a rabbit in headlights against the previously frail and possibly still frail england batsmen who have coped well and as i speak harris gets out broad.

very good dinnings by broad.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
True, this should reflect reasonably well on broad though, as there are a few times recently where he only had to bat once. Well I can think of at least two LOL

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
No ton for Broad :(

Bell will need to hurry if he wants a double, as the next three aren't too clever with the blade

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Broad obviously wanted to leave himself a lower Test best score to beat next innings.

Hoping England will stop pissing about now.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Good to hear that the batsmen turned down the light, bad to hear it's raining again. Hoping they are playing when I get home in about 45 mins. Shall be keenly viewing the highlights tonight, well done Ian Bell though :)

open365

International Vice-Captain
I know his lack of form at first-class level is puzzling, but he just looks the part. It would be nice to see Notts putting him up the order. I'm sure he could score tons at county level at least.
I don't think his FC record is puzzling at all, he's a young cricket who's developing all the time, he's obviously a much better player now than he has been in the recent past and I don't think he batted that high for leiecstershire at the start of his career anyway. FC stats are pretty meaningless in Broad's case when considering him as an international batsman.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
I can see arguments for others, just not for Prior because he's rubbish with bat or gloves so he doesn't fill any role whatsoever.
I agree. If you're going to have a crap batsmen keeper then at the very least he should be the best keeper you can get. So for me its either Foster or Read. Until someone comes along who can actually bat.

stumpski

International Captain
Off again.

If there's no more play today, do we bat on tomorrow - just to give Bell a chance for 200? Surely we have enough. Would be reminiscent of Atherton/Hick to declare, though.