• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in England

Should Freddy be included in team for the second Test?

• Total voters

Briony

International Debutant
Ambrose gone.
And you have to wonder why Smith left it so long to bring on Morkel this morning.
As I said in the previous post Ntini is seen as the senior bowler but it's time he dispelled with that notion.

Remember that Morkel has had some injuries of late and little bowling so can't be overbowled.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
3 wickets for 19 runs another mini collapse. 3-3 yesterday as well. Thats 6 wickets lost for 22 runs in this innings. Thank god for the KP / Bell partnership or we'd be in deep trouble!

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Bell doing what we know he can, filling his boots with easy runs - so why are people going on as if he's turned a corner?

He came in at a fairly even time. The saffies then bowled a pile of dross at him so he of all people was something like 30* after 18 balls faced. Easy peasy.
You think coming in when your team has lost 3 wickets for 3 runs and is on the verge of collapsing is an 'even time'? Seriously do you say these things just to get a reaction?

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
I really do think its about time we brought in one of the younger batting talents in for Collingwood. He's just incapable of scoring at the moment and is a walking wicket. Surelyit cant harm to bring someone else in they certainly cant do any worse! :dry:

I dont mean someone like Denly or the like, they are far too inexperienced, but there must be someone. We also need to replace Ambrose, he's just too one dimensional as a cricketer.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
TBF though, we had just lost 3 wickets in no time at all, so there was pressure on in that way. Obviously at 300/3 and 400/4 the runs are going to come easier, but credit must go to him and Pietersen for rebuilding the innings after a good start threatened to disappear.

There's no pressure if they bowl you a succession of half volleys and long hops.

pietersenrocks

U19 Vice-Captain
I really do think its about time we brought in one of the younger batting talents in for Collingwood. He's just incapable of scoring at the moment and is a walking wicket. Surelyit cant harm to bring someone else in they certainly cant do any worse! :dry:

I dont mean someone like Denly or the like, they are far too inexperienced, but there must be someone. We also need to replace Ambrose, he's just too one dimensional as a cricketer.
I don't if we've a perfect replacement for Collingwood.But, I agree you Ambrose is truely a single dimensional cricket and he needs to be replaced and I suggest Prior.

Scaly piscine

You think coming in when your team has lost 3 wickets for 3 runs and is on the verge of collapsing is an 'even time'? Seriously do you say these things just to get a reaction?
117-3 is even. Try and pretend there's some rudimentary intelligence lurking behind that moniker.

pietersenrocks

U19 Vice-Captain
117-3 is even. Try and pretend there's some rudimentary intelligence lurking behind that moniker.
It's not about what the score was. South Africa could have got on a roll and made it like 135-5 with Bell & Colly getting out cheaply. Bell did played a wonderful knock, but on a flat track.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
How awesome was that shot by Bell!?

How anyone could not enjoy watching him bat is beyond me. Or rather, how anyone could dislike watching him bat.

Scaly piscine

It's not about what the score was. South Africa could have got on a roll and made it like 135-5 with Bell & Colly getting out cheaply. Bell did played a wonderful knock, but on a flat track.
That can pretty much happen any innings you come in for England as they're not exactly a high scoring side. If they'd bowled half-decent there would have been some pressure - but they bowled dross, so by Test standards it was easy.

pasag

RTDAS
Well played KP, was a joy to watch that innings, flat pitch or not.

Interesting to note (just looked it up as I had a hunch), that Bell has never scored a hundred by himself in an innings, ie another England batsman has always also tonned up in that innings, sometimes more than one. Make of that what you will.