• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in England

Should Freddy be included in team for the second Test?

• Total voters

pasag

RTDAS
Sadly, however, there's almost certainty that we won't get full days' play tomorrow and the next day.
Really? Pretty disappointing as I (and I'm sure many people) have been looking forward to this match for some time. Not surprising though, sadly.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
As I said earlier this thread - if such a thing indeed comes to pass, most annoying that the Lord's Tests (opening Tests of the series' both) will both have been disrupted by rain.

Also worth noting that pending this game, the last 5 Tests at Lord's have all been drawn, and 4 of these might well have been a different story if lost time could be made-up.

One bright spot is that 3 days ago the forecast for today was shocking too and it's proved perfectly OK. We can only hope the same thing maybe happens tomorrow and Saturday.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Sri Lanka will send a half strength team to England next year during the IPL to replace Zimbabwe!

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Completely agree with tooextracool regarding his views on Vaughan. When I opened up the scorecard and saw "Vaughan b Steyn", I collected the $1 I won with my $100 stake on Vaughan to be bowled by a full delivery from Steyn.

Was always going to happen. Vaughan and Laxman have the ability to make simply balls into jaffers because of their shoddy technique and their facial expression after being bowled.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Interestingly, Harris given another over as the new-ball is delayed for at least 1 over. Pietersen onto 92*.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Sorry for the typo, watching youtube in the background.

Harris really does suck, lets all be honest. He's just not very good.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Its not entirely related to this match - he just sucks. I'm not really supporting anyone strongly in this match.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
:huh: I didn't think you were.

Harris has bowled well on turning wickets before now - even a Test in South Africa where he only got 6-180 or so. Then, obviously, especially in Pakistan.

But this isn't and no-one should be expecting him to have done anything of note on this pitch or any other that doesn't turn. He's no more than a fingerspinner. But he is a pretty decent fingerspinner.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Harris looks like he'd be ****, and really should be ****, but he's not that bad. He's a usefull spinner. Obviously this wicket isn't going to help him one bit though, and I don't think he's doing himself any favours speaking it into leg.