• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in England

Should Freddy be included in team for the second Test?

• Total voters

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Did you hear about the South African who scored centuries against South Africa before he was dismissed for the first time by them in both ODIs and Tests? And did you hear they were 3-and-a-half years apart?

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Always thought it was high myself TBH. You'd be pretty sore if you got given out for that. Especially given the Strauss wicket.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Pietersen's a tall bloke. If it hits him above the knee roll it's going to be given not out, but it were pretty close.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah good decision. In real time it looked closer than on replay where you could see it was going over.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yep, third time it's happened in 10 years.

Guess I was wishful-thinking when, earlier in the day, I wondered whether he'd go better at the third attempt than either of the previous.

Hope these two can make the double-century partnership. But obviously they won't be doing it this evening.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
309 for 3 off 90.

Think most people would take that after losing the toss this morn.

Really hope Bell can score a century tomorrow - to whatever extent the weather allows.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Good day for England obviously, but they have to be careful about not falling in a heap tomorrow. Should play tentatively for the morning session, and then accelerate from there.