• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in England Thread

V Reddy

International Debutant
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I would agree that he's better than Harmison, Anderson, Kirtley and Johnson, but he's probably on par with Gough. A fully able (mentally and physically) Gough would smoke Ntini though. No contest.

Also, Anderson, with the right training, will become a far better bowler than Ntini will ever be.
I think Ntini is a better bowler than Gough in Tests at present. I think Gough is more suited to one dayers now. Not right to judge him after only 1 test but that's what i feel.

Swanny

School Boy/Girl Captain
I'm assuming he means about the Harmison comments.I'm still sticking by them however. Pollock is certainly the best bowler in the series but wouldn't but Ntini on the same level. It will certainly be an interesting series

full_length

U19 Vice-Captain
Well.. you're playing at home, SA'ans have been jittery in the recent past (though thats probably in the ODIs) and whats more, you've got rain on your side :D

chris.hinton

International Captain
I went yesturday and it was a good occision shame that England did not take many wickets....

Giles bowled as good as gave but perhaps needed more flight, but it was the best he bowled for some time

(I can here marc faint with Shock)

Apart from Flintoff the pace bowling was poor, Vaughan bowled really well but i felt that McGrath should have had some overs...

Gibbs was in great form and it was Smith day

I will be there on Saturday and i will be coaching a kwikcricket Demo ( I will be the one in the glasses)

:lol:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
chris.hinton said:
I will be there on Saturday and i will be coaching a kwikcricket Demo ( I will be the one in the glasses)
Now I wonder how this will go...

"Flight! Flight! Flight!!!"

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
full_length said:
Flames? for what? I thought that was a good post by swanny there.
Did you not know. On Cricketweb at them moment there are only 2 things that can get you flamed.

The first one is praising Steve Harmison.

The second is criticising the almighty (AA).

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
chris.hinton said:
Giles bowled as good as gave but perhaps needed more flight, but it was the best he bowled for some time

(I can here marc faint with Shock)
Careful Chris - don't praise him! ;)

From what I saw of Cricinfo's commentary (stuck at work with no official Internet access ;)) it said that he was tossing a few up.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
following englands abysmal start to the 1st test, cricinfo have done a nice article on englands 7 worst starts to test matches. being an aussi, i rather enjoyed this peice.

nibbs

International Captain
luckyeddie said:
I didn't realise that cars ran on nitrous oxide.

Is it a school of dentistry?
No, and no and no.

I laughed because of the score. 398/1 after only a days play. Isn't a test match? I've seen ODI's where teams have batted slower. The English bowlers were awful, especially Anderson :)

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
nibblet said:
No, and no and no.

I laughed because of the score. 398/1 after only a days play. Isn't a test match? I've seen ODI's where teams have batted slower. The English bowlers were awful, especially Anderson :)
Thanks for explaining - I would never have guessed.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mr. Ponting said:
following englands abysmal start to the 1st test, cricinfo have done a nice article on englands 7 worst starts to test matches. being an aussi, i rather enjoyed this peice.
They had it up on the site almost as soon as play finished too. Very quick.

Mr Mxyzptlk

If Smith gets 8 ducks on the trot now (I don't expect South Africa to bat again in this match) he'll still average over 30 - more than alot of people predicted.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Smith's 277 overtakes Stephen Flemings 274 as being the highest score of the international season so far.

Smith may be arrogant, but the boy can definately bat.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Tim said:
Smith's 277 overtakes Stephen Flemings 274 as being the highest score of the international season so far.

Smith may be arrogant, but the boy can definately bat.

I wouldnt say arrogant, probably a bit upfront... Although i would be less harsh on him after this innings i guess :rolleyes:

Mr Mxyzptlk

The man scored 277. He can bat! I don't care who the opposition is, you have to be able to bat to score a double century.