• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official*** South Africa in England 2017

Groundking

International Debutant
Wow, someone has legitimately just suggested Aneurin Donald at 5. He doesn't play every FC game for Glammy and averages 34.

People literally watch T20s and decide they want them in the Test side. It's madness.
It's because people are thick and don't watch 4 day cricket.

91Jmay

International Coach
Kuhn one of the worst players I've ever seen playing for a top team. Feel sorry for the bloke, he has put in the hard yards for this chance but just miles off the required standard.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Wow, someone has legitimately just suggested Aneurin Donald at 5. He doesn't play every FC game for Glammy and averages 34.

People literally watch T20s and decide they want them in the Test side. It's madness.
Who?

Isn't he an actor.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Kuhn one of the worst players I've ever seen playing for a top team. Feel sorry for the bloke, he has put in the hard yards for this chance but just miles off the required standard.
He fits in nicely with a lot of openers we have tried in the last few years to be fair.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's because people are thick and don't watch 4 day cricket.
Whilst I don't disagree with those sentiments if Sky just show T20 most of the time it's hard not to get this sort of opinion becoming norm.

TBH Malan playing is pretty much down to one-day form.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
He captained Eng U19s and scored the joint quickest FC double ton ever (with Ravi Shastri of all people) a season or two ago. He is a really good T20 player, he is a ****e FC player.
Nah definitely an actor. Was in Dunkirk.

Gnske

Nah definitely an actor. Was in Dunkirk.
Wait I thought Aneurin Barnard was the Glamorgan player? I'm so confused.

But just imagine that, not only did someone submit that comment. But the person on commentary also saw fit to publish such a dire and terrible comment.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Realistically, you could pick anybody you wanted as that 11th player and not screw team balance. Two players capable of batting top seven and being in the top five bowlers is a little nuts.

1. Cook
2. Stoneman (or whoever)
3. Westley (or whoever)
4. Root
5. Stokes
6. Bairstow
7. Moeen
8. <Random Meme Player>
9. Woakes
10. Broad
11. Anderson

#Tregs4England

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Wait I thought Aneurin Barnard was the Glamorgan player? I'm so confused.

But just imagine that, not only did someone submit that comment. But the person on commentary also saw fit to publish such a dire and terrible comment.
Yeah cricinfo are just as much to blame as the idiots of the world. They know what they're doing.

Or Sky or whoever. Everyone sucks.

Last edited:

Gnske

Recjon this is the best I've seen these two bowl in tandem for ages.
You know, I was going to bring this up a couple of days ago about Broad and Anderson but figured my memory of them isn't so great and complete that I could say it.

But I struggle to remember times that stand out at least when they've both clicked and worked well in tandem as opposed to one or the other running riot. For bowling alongside each other for almost a decade they don't seem have much of a reputation as a pair.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Realistically, you could pick anybody you wanted as that 11th player and not screw team balance. Two players capable of batting top seven and being in the top five bowlers is a little nuts.

1. Cook
2. Stoneman (or whoever)
3. Westley (or whoever)
4. Root
5. Stokes
6. Bairstow
7. Moeen
8. <Random Meme Player>
9. Woakes
10. Broad
11. Anderson

#Tregs4England
No.

Biryani Pillow

U19 Vice-Captain

Remember the days of the Gillette/Nat West Final Pick.

Someone who had a good late season final would be touted as a Tour selection - Geoff Cook was one, actually got some tests out if it.

One year Trevor Gard of Somerset - bog standard county keeper and late order batsman - got 4 stumpings in a final, at least 2 of them very straightforward, and there were armchair fans calling for him to be picked for England.

Moeen ragging it straight away.

Last edited:

91Jmay

International Coach
Bavuma another failure after somewhat getting in, the other batsmen playing worse probably keep him in the side but he can't be far off being dropped. I rate him but his career stats so far are really poor.

Spark

Global Moderator

1. Cook
2. Stoneman (or whoever)
3. Westley (or whoever)
4. Root
5. Stokes
6. Bairstow
7. Moeen
8. <Random Meme Player>
9. Woakes
10. Broad
11. Anderson

#Tregs4England
This is asking for an absolute disaster on a regular occurrence IMO.

Stapel

International Regular

1. Cook
2. Stoneman (or whoever)
3. Westley (or whoever)
4. Root
5. Stokes
6. Bairstow
7. Moeen
8. <Random Meme Player>
9. Woakes
10. Broad
11. Anderson

#Tregs4England
Is Balance still an option for the whoever?