• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Australia 2012

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
to just chill out, we had a pretty similar first day against india iirc. inc. hilf bowling like ashes hilf. except we broke the dravid-sachin stand.

Spark

Global Moderator
to just chill out, we had a pretty similar first day against india iirc. inc. hilf bowling like ashes hilf. except we broke the dravid-sachin stand.
Yeah, it's hardly irretrievable. The good thing is that they're not scoring too fast, and we have a new ball with fresh(er) bowlers.

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
I reckon our ground fielding was quite good today, saved about 30-40 runs in the infield.

It is meant to bucket down at times tomorrow so if we can get a few overs in I think the conditions could well assist our bowlers get them out for a reasonable score.

Spark

Global Moderator
I reckon our ground fielding was quite good today, saved about 30-40 runs in the infield.

It is meant to bucket down at times tomorrow so if we can get a few overs in I think the conditions could well assist our bowlers get them out for a reasonable score.
Yeah saved heaps of runs at point/cover.

Ruckus

International Captain
hmm yeah well anything could happen tomorrow if the conditions are way better for bowling, but, I dunno, I really just get the feeling here this is a different story to India. The pitch itself is a lot flatter than the MCG one, which I felt looked about equally as good to bat or bowl on, and the batsmen were never really 'in' like they have been for most of the day here.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
hmm yeah well anything could happen tomorrow if the conditions are way better for bowling, but, I dunno, I really just get the feeling here this is a different story to India. The pitch itself is a lot flatter than the MCG one, which I felt looked about equally as good to bat or bowl on, and the batsmen were never really 'in' like they have been for most of the day here.
Hows the pace of the pitch?

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Quentin Hull ‏@QuentinHull

JP Duminy has gone down in warm down with a left ankle injury. Didn't see what happened but looked sore as he was helped from the field

JP needing a warm down due to his big day sitting down.

Spark

Global Moderator
When Tendulkar was in, he looked in.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Get used to this people. So much for the Argis review, the new selection panel is ****. How Hillfeldoufuldous is still playing test cricket is an absolute joke.

Ruckus

International Captain
Hows the pace of the pitch?
Probably quickened up a little as the day went on. Still absolutely a batting wicket though.

When Tendulkar was in, he looked in.
Yeah he looked in, but then iirc he suddenly gets out to one than nipped back in sharply from Siddle. The ball hasn't been nipping around much at all on this pitch. Will be interesting to see what Philander can get from it.