• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Semi Finals and Final

abu

Banned
why is it that all teams so miserably fail against aussies in the finals. I mean to think about it No team has given them a fight in any tournaments final, they all loose miserably.

jot1

State Vice-Captain
Congratulations to the Aussies. This last game was a damp squid, not just the weather but the Windies batting, too. Gayle beat the Saffies on his own, what happened to him today? Was hoping for some of that huge batting in this game, too. I am definitly a fan of his and Bracken from now on.
Good tournament, though. :)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
aussie said:
My team of the Tournament:

Chris Gayle
Stephen Fleming
Shane Watson
Damien Martyn
Shivnarine Chanderpaul
Dwayne Bravo
Mark Boucher
Kyle Mills
Jerome Taylor
Muttiah Muralitharan
Glenn McGrath
Not bad, but Ntini should be in there, probably ahead of Murali. Ntini won at least one game pretty much on his own, and generally bowled well. Could even have him there ahead of Taylor, who averaged around 30 in the main tournament and went for over 5 an over. Bracken as the best player in the final also has a strong claim.

Might be someone else I've missed.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Australia deserved the win. The only WI wicket that can't be faulted are probably the first three. The rest either made bad shots or poor decisions(Bravo, Collymore). Expected much better when I turnhed on the TV at 65-2 then seeing Gayle clobber McGrath. Alas, was not to be. Australia = Best Final Team.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
He said they'd won EVERYTHING.

In the last 10 years they haven't technically ever won the Ashes.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
marc71178 said:
He said they'd won EVERYTHING.

In the last 10 years they haven't technically ever won the Ashes.
:wacko: :wacko: :wacko:
is that because england are too tight to hand them over? didn't we win them in '02?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
silentstriker said:
Actually, Jono has a point. Aggressive batsmen do tend to do slightly better against him, whereas technically correct people like Kallis (6 dismisslas @ 9.83) and Dravid (5 dismissals @ 10) tend to just get totally owned by McGrath.

I withdraw my argument Jono :).
Interesting that I never posted while this discussion was going on. You must have mistaken me with adharcric.

That or you have me on your mind, which is... romantic :unsure:

pasag

RTDAS
Slats4ever said:
:wacko: :wacko: :wacko:
is that because england are too tight to hand them over? didn't we win them in '02?
He's implying that we haven't won it in the past 10 years, only retained it.

Honestly though, can't wait another 17 days to stick it to you poms. Get your excuses lined up.

Laurrz

International Debutant
the best thing about this tourny is that the backup players have done so well [Bracken Martyn Watson]... which shows our depth... its good signs for the WC...

i shouldn't say backup.. i mean like not the MAIN guys u think of when u think of australia... [gilchrist ponting mcgrath lee symonds hussey etc.]

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Bracken was screwed of the MOTM award yesterday. And he earned his wickets with some very good deliveries as well. Don't think, with the exception of perhaps, Sarwan, any batsman can be blamed too much for their dismissals, against Bracken.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Sarwan beaten by a change of pace I tells ya.

Ridiculously happy that Bracken could bowl so well in the final. Stepping up when it counted. His bowling average hops under 21 again. :D

Can`t wait for the Ashes. Clark and Johnson look to be the main contenders, then a bit behind is MacGill, bit more Bracken and then a fair bit for Tait and Gillespie.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
My CT team. (considering only the main tournament)

Chris Gayle - starts against Australia and India, 100 and 3 wickets against England, demolished South Africa
Stephen Fleming - 89 against South Africa, 80 against Pakistan, captained well throughout
Shivnarine Chanderpaul - 50 against India, 50 against South Africa
Damien Martyn - 78 against England, 73* against India, partnership against New Zealand, 47* against West Indies
Shane Watson - wickets against England and West Indies, 50 against India, 50 against West Indies
Andrew Strauss - 50 against West Indies, 50 against Australia
Adam Gilchrist - 92 against West Indies, kept superbly throughout
Nathan Bracken - pegged-back West Indies twice, bowled well against India and New Zealand, took key wickets
Kyle Mills - cained South Africa with 3 wickets, bowled well against Pakistan, got Jayasuriya, wickets against Australia
Ian Bradshaw - important wickets against Australia twice, broke India`s back, economical
Glenn McGrath - came back against England, bowled well against India, New Zealand and West Indies, excellent control

Demonstrates the dominance of Australia, the West Indies and pacemen for mine.

Last edited: