• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

'Official' Semi Final 2 - Pakistan v India

Who will win this match?

• Total voters

salman85

International Debutant
I really thought the 1992 world cup final was big, but this? Bloody hell. Karachi going Cricket Crazy !
Can any one tell me the madness level in India ?
I was there till last week.I've heard Carlton Hotel is showing the match on a large screen.Rs.500 per head.Should be great TBH.

Plus one of the waitresses there is s-m-o-k-i-n-g.

pakster

U19 12th Man
I only ever come to Cricketweb when I'm desperate to talk about something Cricket-related and have exhausted friends and family with endless "what if" scenarios pertaining to the match.

That aside, I fear for Pakistan. I fear that our new ball bowlers will be put to the sword ala 2003. I fear are batting line up will succumb to a collapse. I fear that India will play our spinners with consummate ease. I fear that Akmal will drop Sehwag on naught. I fear that Wahab Riaz will be allowed to enter the stadium, and potentially even play the match. I fear that Shoab Akhtar is already in India. I fear Sehwag and Tendulkar. I even fear Zaheer Khan, for heavens sake! Zaheer flipping Khan.

And I have this thing called a job, which will mean that I will rely on cricinfo for ball-by-ball updates.

Pakistan Zindabad!

Howe_zat

Audio File
1527 is the number to beat for this WC forum (Ind/Aus). That's a tall order.
Just had a look at that thread - 380 posts at the start of play. So this is already a long way ahead. Plus, this thread will be boosted by needless speculation on how long it'll be.

Last edited:

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Really hope rain doesn't play spoilsport. All excited now and if I read rain delays play I will go crazy. Also my manager has given me permission to come in late in the afternoon after taking a nap. :)

R_D

International Debutant
Heard a lot of offices in India are having half days... Lucky bastards..

Rain better not play spoilsport although forecast does say it's going to be a sunny day... Let's hope so :)

Let's than 10 hours to go now.

smash84

The Tiger King
I only ever come to Cricketweb when I'm desperate to talk about something Cricket-related and have exhausted friends and family with endless "what if" scenarios pertaining to the match.

That aside, I fear for Pakistan. I fear that our new ball bowlers will be put to the sword ala 2003. I fear are batting line up will succumb to a collapse. I fear that India will play our spinners with consummate ease. I fear that Akmal will drop Sehwag on naught. I fear that Wahab Riaz will be allowed to enter the stadium, and potentially even play the match. I fear that Shoab Akhtar is already in India. I fear Sehwag and Tendulkar. I even fear Zaheer Khan, for heavens sake! Zaheer flipping Khan.

And I have this thing called a job, which will mean that I will rely on cricinfo for ball-by-ball updates.

Pakistan Zindabad!
Your screen name should be PakistanLose :ph34r:

dfx-

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Pakistan for me are the better team....better team on paper, better on form, so India will win:dry:

There will be a very quiet office in my college today - three Indian postgrads and one Pakistani who won't be doing much work between 9am and 6pm...I've nailed my colours to backing Pakistan.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Tri-colour decoration in my office. People wearing Indian team t-shirts. Big screen set for telecast. Its all but official that there will be no work in layter half of the day.