• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Semi Final 1 - Sri Lanka vs New Zealand

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lostman

State Captain
Love the Murali lap of honor, his last game on SL soil.:cry:

Sanga sinhalese speech, acknowledging the crowd. Class!:cool:

R_D

International Debutant
If I was a NZ fan I'd be proud of the way they fought until the end.
Great performance from NZ... They had there chances but didn't capitalize on them... They were always 20-30 runs short. But still they bowled very well and fought hard.. Well played boys... Very entertaining semi-final :D

Congrts to Sri Lanka... They have been brilliant in this tournament so far and played very well tonight as well... Worthy winners.

Hopefully tomorrow's match is just as good as this!

BeeGee

International Captain
Obviously gut feel from Vettori. Costly decision.
I just can't fathom it, to be honest. Ryder has a career ODI bowling econ. of 6.22 and Av of 35, and Oram, the bowling hero from the game against SA, has only conceded 3.62 from his 8 overs in this game and has a career Av of 29. It's hard to understand what he thought he could get from Ryder, that he couldn't get from Oram. :blink:

Anyhoo, it's all history now.

Last edited:

R_D

International Debutant
lol you do expect indian fans to support Pakistan?
You be surprised how many Indian fans do appreciate Pakistan cricket team and do follow them.... Don't take the people putting comments on YouTube and cricinfo as representative of Indian fans...

Although if Pakistan do beat India than many probaly would be supporting SL just out of bitterness.

I haven't contemplated India losing yet.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Congratulations SL for making your second consecutive Final. Quite an achievement! :)

I must say that of all the teams in the tournament, NZ impressed/surprised me the most. No one gave them a shot coming in and they surprised us all by making it to the Semi’s. They were definitely fighters till the end, that’s for sure.

Francis

State Vice-Captain
WOW! WHAT AN AMAZING GAME OF CRICKET!

BEST GAME OF THIS WORLD CUP FOR ME.

I seriously would have to say that was the best match of the World Cup. The guts and determination of Sri Lanka was quite incredible. And I'm so happy for all their players.

Really... I mean wow! That game gave me more happiness than any other cricket game during the whole year. I was really worried when Sanga went

The better team won, and we're all better for having seen such tremendous athletes play this game from Sri Lanka.

Really, I have to say that is defnitely the most entertaining world cup game so far... especially the ending.

R_D

International Debutant

I seriously would have to say that was the best match of the World Cup. The guts and determination of Sri Lanka was quite incredible. And I'm so happy for all their players.

Really... I mean wow! That game gave me more happiness than any other cricket game during the whole year. I was really worried when Sanga went

The better team won, and we're all better for having seen such tremendous athletes play this game from Sri Lanka.

Really, I have to say that is defnitely the most entertaining world cup game so far... especially the ending.
I thought India v Aus had more momentum swings than this match..
This was amongst the best matches though... It's been a pretty awesome world cup... There have been many exciting matches.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)

Really?

You think that game was better than England vs. South Africa, England vs. Ireland and England vs. India?

Francis

State Vice-Captain
Really?

You think that game was better than England vs. South Africa, England vs. Ireland and England vs. India?
Yes. I watched the game with a Sri Lankan girl, and we found the game nailbiting. I mean you should have seen her moodswings. She's not even pregnant, yet she went completely nuts.

Right now I think Sri Lanka will win this World Cup. They played beautifully, and really Murali deserves to go out on top.

Best game of 2011 in terms of pure enjoyment.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Woke up this morning to see the scorecard, and thought it looked comfortable, but apparently the boys made the Lankans sweat, so I'm glad for that at least. This is frustrating. In the last 2 WC semi's we played in, we were genuinely spanked, but in this one, we'll always be left wondering what might have been if Taylor hadn't holed out at mid-wicket, if Styris had batted out Murali's last ball, if Oram had middled that slog off Dilshan...

:down:

Oh well. In terms of how we played, I thought this was a decent world cup. Southee is coming along magnificently, we really have to keep a hold of Donald. Hope Danny sticks around in ODI's for a while longer tool.

Well done to SL. The better side on the day, and more likeable than either India or Pakistan, I hope they go all the way.

Himannv

International Coach
Wow did we actually win and did we actually lose 7 wickets in the process? Was watching the game at the CH grounds and man was it crazy. Was drunk and yelling Sri Lanka Zindabad along with a good portion of the crowd, whatever that means, I'm sure the Pakistan fans wwill enlighten us. No disrespect meant, we was just having fun and cheering our team, see u guys in the finals Pakistan.

About Murali, getting a wicket on the last ball ever at home tells the story of how ****ing awesome the man has beed for the country. What an awesome legend, screw all u jealous pussies who dont accept that.

Like a G6, like a G6