• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Semi-Final #1- India vs New Zealand - November 15th - Wankhede, Mumbai (D/N)

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Point is SENA nation always cry about pitch when they were/ are playing in subcontinent.
India never complaint when we were played WTC final on Green top vs NZ or any others match.
So stop crying about pitch talk and focus on cricket only .
Just again...so everyone is clear...I haven't seen a single NZ poster complain. I'm not. I don't think there's a type of pitch that particularly helps us in any significant way at all. In fact I think slower and lower, maybe the more chance we have.

My point is that if there is interference in pitch conditions by the home team, that's not how ICC events should be run. If you and others want to suggest England did this in 2019, feel free to be critical

Shri

Mr. Glass
my previous post in based on my nightmare from night before last where we were 90/7 chasing 200 something

Moss

International Vice-Captain
The Latham hate is absurd
Not always deserved, but he’s been well below par for a while in all departments. And is making a habit of not stepping up when needed, for a senior pro and first choice backup captain. Unless he puts in a matchwinning performance today, should be on thin ice post the world cup.

Test fan

U19 Vice-Captain
Just again...so everyone is clear...I haven't seen a single NZ poster complain. I'm not. I don't think there's a type of pitch that particularly helps us in any significant way at all. In fact I think slower and lower, maybe the more chance we have.

My point is that if there is interference in pitch conditions by the home team, that's not how ICC events should be run. If you and others want to suggest England did this in 2019, feel free to be critical
ICC Rule book:

There is no ICC requirement which states that knockout fixtures must be played on fresh pitches. The only stipulation in their pitch and Outfield Monitoring Process reads: "It is expected that venues that are allocated the responsibility of hosting a match will present the best possible pitch and outfield conditions for that match".

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

If England did it in 2019 then whoever rolled out that deck for the final should be executed

Sounds like a storm in a teacup. Probably Flem’s fault.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
ICC Rule book:

There is no ICC requirement which states that knockout fixtures must be played on fresh pitches. The only stipulation in their pitch and Outfield Monitoring Process reads: "It is expected that venues that are allocated the responsibility of hosting a match will present the best possible pitch and outfield conditions for that match".
Again, not my issue. Although it apparently was scheduled on one and has been changed, for reasons we don't know

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
Tom Latham generally does well against India.
24 innings 876 runs @ 51.53 , he'll back himself to score something decent here

Stefan9

International Debutant
Wouldn't be the first the "local board" changed the pitch the ICC wanted to use. Neil Manthorp did report the pitch for the SA game was changed late supposedly so they could get a few more spectators.

These are very dubious tactics. Hopefully it blows up in their faces.

ma1978

State Captain
Wouldn't be the first the "local board" changed the pitch the ICC wanted to use. Neil Manthorp did report the pitch for the SA game was changed late supposedly so they could get a few more spectators.

These are very dubious tactics. Hopefully it blows up in their faces.
mate the only thing dubious about that match was SA’s batting technique.

I wouldn’t be looking for ghosts when there’s nothing to suggest any of this gives India an advantage

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
I'm just going to enjoy this for the experience of what will most likely be Kane, Tim and Trent's last WC game. Glad all 3 of them could be there for one last tilt at the windmill.
I’m feeling rather wistful and sad knowing this could be so many great NZ player’s final World Cup game. They’ve led us to so much unprecedented success over the last decade.