• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
It’s no coincidence that Australia thrive in sports that either nobody cares about or that are easy to cheat in

Swimming - Whole country is on the coast, and they’re renowned for their state mandated PED usage
Aussie Rules - A pretend game played by morons
Rugby League - basically only popular in England in places that don’t have a football team, much like Aussie Rules another one nobody cares about that they put all their efforts into
Cricket - probably the fourth best test nation/collective ever after West Indies, England and India but this has been achieved through ball tampering, racist umpires no-balling opposition bowlers for the hell of it, violent conduct and abuse, and that’s just the tip of the iceberg

Real sports like Football, Athletics and Formula One, what do they offer? They’re still dining out on Cathy Freeman ffs. Get over it and move on losers!
Can't even succeed at pretend sports like pro-wrestling either. Nathan Jones anyone? Yeah, didn't think so.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
It’s no coincidence that Australia thrive in sports that either nobody cares about or that are easy to cheat in

Swimming - Whole country is on the coast, and they’re renowned for their state mandated PED usage
Aussie Rules - A pretend game played by morons
Rugby League - basically only popular in England in places that don’t have a football team, much like Aussie Rules another one nobody cares about that they put all their efforts into
Cricket - probably the fourth best test nation/collective ever after West Indies, England and India but this has been achieved through ball tampering, racist umpires no-balling opposition bowlers for the hell of it, violent conduct and abuse, and that’s just the tip of the iceberg

Real sports like Football, Athletics and Formula One, what do they offer? They’re still dining out on Cathy Freeman ffs. Get over it and move on losers!
Come on mate that's harsh, they're good at loads of sports.

Take boxing - I mean who could forget their last great fighter Hungarian, err I mean British, err I mean Aussie Joe Bugner.

slowfinger

International Debutant
I really strongly disagree with this......why do people want to put cricket on a higher moral or ethical plane to other sports? It's no more a gentleman's sport than any other imo and I've got no idea why people would want it to be?

Edit: and everything about Lords shows me why this way of thinking is wrong and holding our game back.
even in professional boxing there are moral codes , for example no punching below the waist ... to assume cricket as a sport is on its own in this regard is a ludicrous statement.

Victor Ian

International Coach
Yeah. Bit dumb to bring up afl as a slur. So many of our best athletes choose AFL over cricket. Carey is only stumping Bairstow because he couldn't make the cut. Same probably applies to rugby in the northern states.