• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lord's

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
that btw was like the 4th time in Watson's innings that his pads were targeted like that and he hardly responded in great fashion.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
I know people love to hate Watson etc but I really don't think that's his fault unless Rogers straight up said to him "you're out" and he reviewed it anyway. There's really no way he can be sure if he's out one way or the other unless he hit it. Non-striker has to make the call.
Nah bull**** you know pretty well if it's a straight one, certainly if it's that plumb.

morgieb

What an idiot. As Spikey has always said, with umpires call you just don't review marginal LBW's. And he's reviewed the plumbest one you can get.
I personally wouldn't review LBW calls in general unless it was a shocker or it was late in the innings and we still had reviews left.

That's really ****ed our momentum. This isn't gonna be a good day I fear.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I had turned off my computer for this night, but that lol worthy review from *****on really deserved another comment. I'd love to know what Rogers said. Hopefully someone along the lines of it being plumb, and then Watson overruled him anyway. Goodnight, and good luck.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
nah Rogers definitely didnt tell him to review it, you could see Watson hesitate but you knew he was going to review it as soon as he was given

Ruckus

International Captain
that btw was like the 4th time in Watson's innings that his pads were targeted like that and he hardly responded in great fashion.
that was the worst thing. He should have seen that coming from a mile away, but he ****ed it.

flibbertyjibber

I personally wouldn't review LBW calls in general unless it was a shocker or it was late in the innings and we still had reviews left.

That's really ****ed our momentum. This isn't gonna be a good day I fear.
Yeah the way it only has to be clipping now means it is either a terrible decision or you think you have hit it. If not DON'T review, Cook was sensible yesterday, Watson was Watson.

morgieb

Beat me to it! Pietersen cheered like a kid in a candy store when he saw Watson review.

What an unbelievably stupid review. It's hard to say who's a worst reviewer: Clarke or Watson.....

I'd like to hear what Watson asked Rogers and what he replied.....
Watson by far. Despite criticism at least most of Clarke's reviews are marginal, just that marginal isn't enough for UDRS.

Pizzorno

State Vice-Captain
I know I shouldn't complain as an England fan, but Shane Watson is such a selfish cricketer; it seems like he reviews every time he's given out. Such a dislikeable ****

Last edited:

Top_Cat

I know people love to hate Watson etc but I really don't think that's his fault unless Rogers straight up said to him "you're out" and he reviewed it anyway. There's really no way he can be sure if he's out one way or the other unless he hit it. Non-striker has to make the call.
Oh come on. Hit in front to a straight ball angling slightly in, no nick, the chances you're ****ed are unusually high. Basically forcing Rogers to give him a reason to refer it is **** bloke behaviour too, especially if Rogers did tell him he was out. Unless you've got some seriously strong reasons to doubt the decision, walk.

Last edited:

Stapel

International Regular
Watson by far. Despite criticism at least most of Clarke's reviews are marginal, just that marginal isn't enough for UDRS.
My view is a bit clouded by the wasted reviews in the first Test and Broad's consequential escape.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
Oh come on. Hit in front to a straight ball angling slightly in, no nick, the chances you're ****ed are unusually high. Basically forcing Rogers to give him a reason to refer it is **** bloke behaviour too.
yeah looked more like he was trying to convince Rogers to agree with him rather than asking for his opinion

Spark

Global Moderator
hopefully on his way back into the dressing room clarke called him a cancer on the team again AND THEN ****ING PUNCHED HIM
Watson's review going down well beyond CW as well