• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lord's

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Bresnan pre Dec 2011: batting ave of 45.42 bowling ave 23.60.
Post Dec 2011 batting ave 17.14 bowling ave 55.43.

/temptingfate

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
remember when warne said Melbourne Stars player Rob Quiney should get another chance?

Spikey

Cricket Australia ‏@CricketAus 27s
Usman Khawaja replaces Ed Cowan. Ryan Harris comes in for Mitchell Starc. Hughes to bat at four, Clarke five. #Ashes

ahahahahahha

King Pietersen

International Captain
Bres adds batting, and I'm sure he'll bowl decently. Don't think he'll get tonked like Finn did in the 2nd innings of the last game, but don't think he'll be particularly threatening. We'll wait and see. I'd potentially go with Tremlett in the 3rd game.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Aggers just Tweeted that Bresnan is in. I'd prefer Finn to have stayed TBH.
Don't think they could play Finn after the last test, just can't risk him bowling that badly again.

I hope we have done the whole underestimating Bresnan thing like we used to.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Would've played Onions myself, but fair enough. Hopefully Bresnan will at least bowl dry.
Yeah me too.....really not sure about this. Bres's record at Lords is pretty bloody ordinary.....would have prefered Onions I think.

But whatever, that's the 11.....c'mon the lads!!!

Pizzorno

State Vice-Captain
Love Bresnan, the whole team love him too. Runs please England I will seriously fume if you bottle your first innings again.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No collapses please, have tickets for the 5th day so could both teams please bat a little better.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator

/temptingfate
Yeah, it's incredible. I'm not convinced that recent surgery Bresnan has had has done much either, so I'm worried that we'll just be getting the 55 average guy.

Cricket Australia ‏@CricketAus 27s
Usman Khawaja replaces Ed Cowan. Ryan Harris comes in for Mitchell Starc. Hughes to bat at four, Clarke five. #Ashes

ahahahahahha
Yes!

Don't think they could play Finn after the last test, just can't risk him bowling that badly again.

I hope we have done the whole underestimating Bresnan thing like we used to.
Would love for it to be the case.

Uppercut

/temptingfate
The next Ryan Sidebottom: Yorkshireman with a reputation as a dobbler comes into the test side and bowls surprisingly fast, looks great initially but soon experiences a lot of fitness problems and burns out.