• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lord's

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Ok this is just shocking cricket.. 91/6 is something I take as a foregone conclusion from the Pakistan team but Australia? Just last summer they were blasting the South African attack to all parts of the park..what happened? It was pretty much the same batting line up.
Hussey, and Clark wasn't injured.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No-one has said this yet, so I will. Of the top 7 in this game, 6 of them were playing in the 5th Ashes test of the last series.

And Watson and Usman are worse players than they were then.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can someone clarify the sub rules to me? How is it that England have a fielding coach as sub fielder? Don't you have to have a 12th man for that?
They need more than 1 sub fielder as they're on and off that many times during the day even the subs get exhausted. It's like watching the AFL.

Flametree

International 12th Man
Honestly thought that if Australia could see off Anderson, England would be in trouble...

Australia to get through this series and start the next one with a completely different top 6 (bar Clarke). Maddinson, Warner, Bailey, Voges, Clarke, Hussey D....

outbreak

First Class Debutant
Feel bad for Harris and siddle on this tour give it their all every game and the batters give them this crap

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
It really wasn't. The only survivors from the batting lineup in that series are Clarke and Watson, and Watson only played one game.
To be honest, I don't think this batting line up is that much worse. Uzzie could hardly go worse than Quiney did. Rogers is probably better than Cowan, and Hughes is going to score more runs this series than Ponting was scoring against SA. The absence of Hussey and Warner are the only real major blows as Watson and Smith aren't as good.

I'd say the issue is much more of a mental thing really, and England have bowled better today than SA did in most of that series. The guys where much more confident going into the South Africa series as they were a winning team and most of the guys had runs under their belt. Now it's a losing team and a lot of the guys strugglled with the bat in India. And lets be honest, if Clarke had got a doulbe hundred toay and first innings at Trent Bridge, they actually wouldn't have been that bad. The SA was a bit of a freak series in that respect, just because Clarke was playing like a reincarnated god version of Bradman.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
To be honest, I don't think this batting line up is that much worse. Uzzie coudl hardly go worse than Quiney did. Rogers is probably better than Cowan, and Hughes is going to score more runs this series than Ponting was scoring against SA. The absence of Hussey and Warner are the only real major blows as Watson and Smith aren't as good.

I'd say the issue is much more of a mental thing really, and England have bowled better today than SA did in most of that series. The guys where much more confident going into the South Africa series as they were a winning team and most of the guys had runs under their belt. Now it's a losing team and a lot of the guys strugglled with the bat in India. And lets be honest, if Clarke had got a doulbe hundred toay and first innings at Trent Bridge, they actually wouldn't have been that bad. It was a bit of a freak series in that respect that one, just because Clarke was playing like a reincarnated god version of Bradman.
Oh yeah I definitely agree; his post was just factually wrong though. :p

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
The other difference vs SA was Clarke going big with support from Hussey with openers who ton up.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
Honest question. It Aus could pick New Zealand's top six bar Clarke would they? Sure they crumbled but it was overcast and swinging.