• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

chris.roland

Cricket Spectator
Johnson hasn't been bowling that brilliantly, I count maybe 5 good bowls... but they're all wickets. I think he's a dark horse thatun.

This is going to be a nightmare, with Flintoff batting...

.matt

School Boy/Girl Captain
What I'm suggesting is that this is, in fact, quite the myth with the exception of two games. He doesn't break partnerships with even close to the regularity that people seem to think and his bowling in the last year has been ridiculously ineffective.

Now I think the decision to bring him on when Ponting did in this game was perfectly fine as North had already bowled a long spell and the change of angle, trajectory etc could do the trick (which it did), but I strongly disagree with claims that he should have been bowling before that, instead of North.
I don't think he's that bad. There always seems to be a wicket around when Clarkes bowling. Unless the opposition attack, he builds pressure. If you have another bowler at the other end - a substantially better bowler - keeping it tight too, he could probably find a wicket. North has just been lobbing it up outside off stump to much - not enough direction at the stumps.

.matt

School Boy/Girl Captain
Johnson hasn't been bowling that brilliantly, I count maybe 5 good bowls... but they're all wickets. I think he's a dark horse thatun.

This is going to be a nightmare, with Flintoff batting...
After his morning horrors he pitched it up more and bowled better. They weren't great balls but they didn't need to be, he sets a batsmen up before bowling that good ball which normally gets the wicket.

chris.roland

Cricket Spectator
And one in the nuts for Freddy... Oh dear oh dear.

Wish Sky Player had a Tivo function, so you could rewind live cricket-ball-to-the-groin moments like that! ;)

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hay, did Johnson just bowl a maiden?

Has bowled like crap this series, and has 7 wickets @ 31- on flat, flat pitches, and not exactly taking wickets with bad balls either. Have to worry what would happen to England if he started bowling well.

As i speak, Freddie goes.

.matt

School Boy/Girl Captain
Wow that's huge. Freddie gone. Whilst Swanna and Broad arent tailenders they arent the worlds greatest batsmen. We are past the batsmen, I guess you could say.