• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season XV Discussion and Results

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Cricketweb Red 314
JJD Heads 112, CJ Dinnen 96, BC Cunningham 4/56, XA Rose 3/82

Cricketweb Green 415
B Hawker 133*, RGEWS Cribb 64, NG Scott 51, MP West 4/99, DM Kennett 3/75

Cricketweb Red 333
DA Kearsley 123, CJ Dinnen 44, MP West 40, M Corrin 4/149, XA Rose 3/108

Cricketweb Green 236/7
RGEWS Cribb 82*, NG Scott 58, DM Kennett 6/101

Cricketweb Green won by 3 wickets
Man of the Match: B Hawker (CW Green)

Great to start the First Class off with a win, especially in my first game with the club. Absolutely stoked to have played such an important part in it too.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Good to see you're still a team player. You weren't bothered when you got out, even though the result could have been different had you stayed in? Bravo you then.
Not bothered that I got out to you. Of course I'd have rather tonned up and led us to victory, but from a personal level, I'll take scoring 140 runs before you get me out everytime.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Way to miss the point, as many runs as you scorred, your getting out was the difference between defeat and victory.

Not your fault that you were put in that position, but saying "I'm happy with the 140 runs" is not something you'd hear a consumate professional like me saying if my team had just been beaten :cool:

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
2 wickets @ 24 and averaged 15 with the bat. A little bit disappointing but taking a few wickets in the 4th innings is promising.
Unlucky not to seal the win which we were undoubtedly heading towards.

Matteh

Way to miss the point, as many runs as you scorred, your getting out was the difference between defeat and victory.

Not your fault that you were put in that position, but saying "I'm happy with the 140 runs" is not something you'd hear a consumate professional like me saying if my team had just been beaten :cool:
He'd have tonned up if they picked him in his favourite 4 position.

Bonnie Prince C

U19 12th Man
Not the best of starts in OD cricket for me but I will definitely take scoring 100 runs in my first FC match, shame I couldn't convert the 81.

Last edited:

Mister Wright

Colts the better side against Black, continuing our good start to the season. Another great team performance, it's a shame rain halted our victory march.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricketweb Colts vs Cricketweb Red
@ Fardin Qayyumi CC

Scorecard
Ball By Ball

Cricketweb Colts were looking to continue their strong start to the season as they hosted Red in round two of the one day competition. The largely unfancied home side has impressed all in their opening few games of the season and were hoping to push for yet another unlikely win against Red. Coming off an opening round bye Red were a bit of an unknown quantity, their four day form has been reasonable but with little in the way of a positive result.

Chris Butler won the toss for Colts and elected to bat first on a nice wicket, Dan Rai continued his form slump as he fell victim to former international paceman Dave Watt for just 13, the ever reliable Daniel Towns joined wicketkeeper Yngve Fjermestad at the crease and the pair combined for a 72 run stand before Towns run himself out for 40. Soon after Fjermestad did the same and a mini collapse saw Colts at 187/4. Captain Butler also chipped in with 40 odd before part timer Mitchell Rapp mopped up a disappointing tail for Colts. His spell of 3/16 restricted Colts to 214 all out as they were bundled out in a little over 36 overs.

The moderate total was made to look a little bit more difficult when Matt Luff fell early for just 7, in an inspired bit of captaincy from Chris Butler he threw the new ball to all rounder Mike Wilson and the move was justified with the early wicket. Rob Dauth's early season woes continued when he became Jason Wilson's maiden List A wicket, Dauth failed to pick up the change of pace from the clever quickman and he was on his way for 6. Mitch Rapp dug in to continue his fine all round game while Swaranjeet Singh also looked comfortable as Red tried to steady the ship, the 65 run stand came to an end when the impressive Tarick Weber was introduced, making the most of the extra bounce on offer he caught the shoulder of Singh's bat and Daniel Towns took a regulation catch at slip. Weber then proceded to rip the heart out of Red's middle order as they couldn't cope with the spin attack of Weber and Deane, despite 29 from Callum Dinnen and 17 from Liam Goff they fell 36 runs short of their victory target, their total of 178 all out did however deny Colts another bonus point. Tarick Weber took the impressive figures of 4/36 from 10 overs.

Cricketweb Colts 214 (36.2)
YA Fjermestad 64(74), CR Butler 43(32), DP Towns 40(49), M Rapp 3/16

Cricketweb Red 178 (30.2)
M Rapp 45(36), S Singh 42(47), TV Weber 4/36, JC Wilson 3/36

Cricketweb Colts won by 36 runs
Man of the Match: TV Weber (CW Colts)

Cricketweb Green vs Cricketweb Blue
@ CWBCC Stadium

Scorecard
Ball By Ball

Cricketweb Green were looking to continue their encouraging start to the season as they took on a so far disappointing Blue outfit at home, despite both teams suffering opening round loses there was certainly more for Green to be happy with, despite the indifference in their performances both teams were unchanged for this clash.

After winning the toss and batting the familiar pair of Nick Scott and Andrew Garven strode to the wicket with purpose, Scott who has been one of the inform batsman in CWland this season was hoping to continue his good patch, however he couldn't. It was the experienced Liam Camps who rose to the top of his game and produce an excellent ball to find the edge of his bat as Michael Cannon a straight forward chance at second slip, Andrew Garven followed soon for a solid 27, Brenton Robb was the wicket taker on this occasion. Martyn Corrin and Robert Cribb then combined for a 142 run partnership which god Green into the box seat, Corrin in particular was excellent as he made a blistering 91 from just 97 balls including 10 fabulous boundaries, Cribb who was playing his first game against his former team in this form of the game was also in top form in scoring a better than a run a ball 69. Good contributions from Dubb-Lynch, Pearce and Raftery ensured Green finished with a healthy total, despite being bowled out with some six overs left they would have been satisfied with their score of 289, Liam Camps took three wickets while Angelo Loganathan and Sean Fuller bagged a couple each.

Cricketweb Blue set out on the chase and looked extremely comfortable from the outset, the ever reliable pair of Liam Camps and Sean Fuller were at ease throughout their opening partnership of 178, arguably Cricketweb Land's premiers all rounders Camps and Fuller looked oin target to knock off the runs without loss before part timer Chris Raftery trapped Fuller in front for 76, Green could have been forgiven for thinking they were still in the game but youngster Loganathan continued from where Fuller left off and was unlucky not to finish with a half century of his own as he fell victim to Ethan McNamara's outswingers. Dinu De Silva joined Liam Camps to finish off the job and that they did, for Camps it was a welcomed eighth List A century and definitely one of his most impressive, his knock of 131 not out included ten boundaries. While the Green's bowlers toiled hard theres no doubt they are lacking options on that front, Martyn Corrin in particular looked a little off the pace with his slow bowling and certainly not having the penetration required for a front line one day bowler today.

Cricketweb Green 289 (44)
M Corrin 91(76), RGEWS Cribb 69(64), LA Camps 3/44, AM Loganathan 2/32, SE Fuller 2/48

Cricketweb Blue 290/2 (46.3)
LA Camps 131*(143), SE Fuller 76(71), AM Loganthan 48(46), EAP McNamara 1/32

Cricketweb Blue won by 8 wickets with 21 balls to spare
Man of the Match: LA Camps (CW Blue)

Last edited:

Simon

Injury Update

Cricketweb Red wicketkeeper Hakon Mork is now available for selection following his short term injury.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Ouch. Not batting out our overs ended up hurting us there even though we had a decent total. Great knock from Corrin though. Bowling didn't look so good.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Off the mark! Not great bowling, but importantly the batting clicked. Need to build on this boys.

Happy on a personal level too, though hoping to bowl better in future.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Camps is the man, Cribb making a run a ball 60, wtf? :p

I've had such a quiet start to the year. Think I've made about 10 runs, taken no catches and haven't bowled a ball.

Johnners

Sigh, as usual relying on Dauth to score big in OD's, and when he doesn't.. :(

Still, some positive signs from Singh & Rapp, and a solid effort from the bowlers (and fielders!) to restrict colts to 214.