• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season XV Discussion and Results

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
:( another sub-par performance. Although pleasing to see Luff/Rapp/Ames score some runs, and Heads continue his good form, bowling again came up short, and there were way to many second innings starts when we needed another big one.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Also excellent to see Bochat among the wickets. One of the most deserving guys for sticking through so many lean years, both opportunity- and wicket-wise.
Yeh I agree, he has pretty modest stats and probably worse than J Wilson but Bochat deserves a chance so hopefully he can have a few more games like that throughout the season.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Great all round performance there. The two newbies did great with the bat and Bochat made his presence felt with the ball, which I'm delighted to see. Butler continuing some good form and Wilson is a ****ing god damn freak of awesomeness.

Commiserations to Laing for being stranded on 99*. Would give that Thomas block a kick up the arse, tbh.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Cheers for the explanation on the injuries Camps and Simon.

Now on to the game, WOOT!!!

Really pleased for Mamesh that the captain said he needed runs and he delivered, what a win!

BTW what is the record for the fastest century? 104 from 61 close to the mark?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Early declaration despite being the better team is such a **** way to lose. Absolutely gutted. Obviously please with the way I batted but geez, tough loss to swallow.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Early declaration despite being the better team is such a **** way to lose. Absolutely gutted. Obviously please with the way I batted but geez, tough loss to swallow.
The declaration was probably about right, you just batted a little slowly Kallis, er Cribb. :p

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The declaration was probably about right, you just batted a little slowly Kallis, er Cribb. :p
If we batted slowly then the declaration was still poor. It's not like the slow batting came after the declaration.

Last edited:

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Unsure how to feel. We were easily better....but somehow we've lost.

Personally don't rate the declaration decision.

Simon

Unsure how to feel. We were easily better....but somehow we've lost.

Personally don't rate the declaration decision.
308 runs in front with 48 overs to go, it was a 1 in 25 chance of losing to be honest, just got unlucky. Before Bowen went in you were going to win.

If you would prefer in future not to have any declarations send me soime tactics and i'll go with that.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
If we batted slowly then the declaration was still poor. It's not like the slow batting came after the declaration.
At 4/70 did you think the declaration was a poor one? The win came after the declaration too. I mean it's not everyday that a team makes 310 in only 46.3 overs. How many overs were left? BTW nice first innings knock Cribb.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Haha there was nothing wrong with the declaration at the time - my criticism of it is purely in hindsight. It's definitely a prick of a way to lose though - we scored one run less than the opposition for the loss of three less wickets and lost the game. That's cricket though.

Simon

At 4/70 did you think the declaration was a poor one? The win came after the declaration too. I mean it's not everyday that a team makes 310 in only 46.3 overs. How many overs were left?
1.3 overs were to go.

bryce

International Regular
So sick...
Cribb & Scott are epic, poor ol' Corrin got his dream match crushed by Mamesh & Bowen:(

bryce

International Regular
Can't believe people are dissing the declaration, yo.
Neither can I homes, my only real issue was Rose & I not bowling about 15 overs each.
Though that is a bit of a hindsight thought aswell considering how well Corrin bowled in the first innings...

Simon

Neither can I homes, my only real issue was Rose & I not bowling about 15 overs each.
Though that is a bit of a hindsight thought aswell considering how well Corrin bowled in the first innings...
Did underbowl Rose in hindsight, Spinners had a good time on that deck Langley/Corrin so I thought it was fairer to give Corrin more of a go, at the end of the day the lack of a fifth bowling option probably cost Green a better chance at winning.