• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Season XIII/XIV Charity Series

Majin

International Debutant
R Malone Jr
DK Rai
RJ Dauth
WA Kerr (6)
AJ Crampton
L Tyson (5)
A Lezama +
NR Hancock (4)
XPA Rose (2)
JE Forner (3)
KJ Gough (1)

Going full strength against the old farts

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
BC Fitzsimmons
DP Towns
DM Kennett +
M Reddlapalli
NS Pickup 7
MT Mitchell 6
AP Chaulk 5
H Mørk 4
GS Gooljar 3
AJ Garven 2
MW Wilson 1

1,2,3 - 10
4,5,6,7 - 5 each

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Gelman asked me to name a team.

And That's Why You Don't Name XIs XI

DP Smith (3)
TJ Demeza
KS Wright
ZE Gelman
BA Storer+
MW de Silva
BS Read (2)
BC Donald
A Sharma (5)
DY Dubb-Lynch (1)
S Young (4)

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Gray
Luff
Nayak
Kearsley
Butler
McNamara+
Scott
Mamesh
Richards
Dunn
Clapham

Klusener
Jones
McLean
Benkenstein
Inzamam
Streak+
Lara
Warne
Martyn
Smith
Hinds

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Klusener
Jones
McLean
Benkenstein
Inzamam
Streak+
Lara
Warne
Martyn
Smith
Hinds
Stepping in here. Bringing in Rankin for Martyn. Disgusted by the constant overlooking of the best Masters bowler.

And tbh Jamee, for the organizer of this whole thing, you're the laziest captain. :p No bowling orders for the last two rounds.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Charity Round 4

Not lazy this time, but why break the trend.

Nick Heidfeld's Beard vs And That's Why You Don't Name XIs XI
at PDV Dome

Scorecard
Ball by Ball

Daniel Towns and Manju Reddlapalli lit up the Dome in the afternoon, then Travis Demeza raised his bat for a shocking half-century under lights.

Jamee's Gays XI vs Camping on the Heath with the AA First XV XI
at CWBCC Stadium

Scorecard
Ball by Ball

Jamee's Gays lost their way against the Liam Camps jr. and Adam Collins, but Ryan Dunn trumped his Blue teammates and livened up the competition at CWBCC Stadium.

Kyle Wright Kissed My Goat XI vs Arthritis XI
at Goffmouth Park

Scorecard
Ball by Ball

Luke Tyson finally got his hundred, continuing his fantastic charity run, but a thrilling cameo by Brian Lara in the closing stages of the game nearly stole the show.

cpr

International Coach
Haha, I apologise Heath for my decent form in the previous round, Half century and the gall to bowl a maiden (unless were not calling wides, then i probably aimed at 2nd slip). Made up for it in that game though.

HeathDavisSpeed

The new gimmick is deceased film/writer fancy dress.

HT Davis (+) - Smoking copious amounts of dope in honour of Bruno Lawrence's role in Goodbye, Pork Pie
T Bochat (7)- Wearing a flat coal miner's cap with an old tin bath in tow in honour of Brian Wilde from the BBC's Last of the Summer Wine
GM Thomas - In finest Dickensian old man garb in honour of Paul Scofield's role in Martin Chuzzlewit
G Sriram - Dressed in a black box a la the Monolith from 2001: A Space Odyssey
CR Dwyer - As the Ghost from Truly, Madly, Deeply in honour of Anthony Minghella
AP Cloete (1) - Dressed as a cowboy in honour of Heath Ledger's greatest role
P Young (6) - As a 1950s American Soldier in honour of Allan Melvin who starred as Henshaw in the Phil Silvers Show (Sgt. Bilko)
M Corrin (4) - As an obnoxious child star in honour of Brad Renfro. This will involve fielding, bowling and running between the wickets on your knees and calling in a loud, high pitched voice.
LA Camps jr (3) - As the creature from the black lagoon in honour of Ben Chapman
AAA Collins (2) - As a great white shark in honour of Roy Scheider
CP Raftery (5) - In full naval regalia in honour of John Hewer, the actor who played Captain Birds Eye
Hmmm... Must remember to smoke dope before going out to bat much, much more often. An unprecidented score there.

The rest of you guys are proving to be suitably useless. However, given some of the naughty selection strategies undertaken by other captains, it would be nice to win.

T Bochat (7)
AAA Collins (+)
LA Camps jr (5)
M Corrin (4)
GM Thomas (8)
G Sriram (9)
CR Dwyer (3)
AP Cloete (1)
P Young (6)
HT Davis (10)
CP Raftery (2)

Everyone to have a bowl this time. #s 1-5 to bowl 40 overs between them 6-10 to bowl 2 overs each.

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

You've left out a bowler in the bowling order for each of your team's now, Heath. Starting to think it's some artistic notion you're playing at.

HeathDavisSpeed

You've left out a bowler in the bowling order for each of your team's now, Heath. Starting to think it's some artistic notion you're playing at.
Not too sure how I've managed that. My maths ability must have deserted me and prevented me from counting properly above '1'