• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season X Discussion and Results

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I hope to be able to do a live sim for the 1st Test as well as the Dev League openers. Hopefully my hope means that I actually will.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Loony BoB said:
While we could have done a lot better, I'm still rather happy with the performance given the understrength bowling attack taking on one of the best batting attacks in the league.
Erm, since when does us missing so many that I'm batting 3 and Jamee's down to come in at 6 make that one of the best batting attacks?

Loony BoB

International Captain
You're arguing that your lineup isn't good? :laugh: Sorry, maybe I rate your players higher than you do. My humble apologies, clearly your batting attack was abysmal.

EDIT: I will assume by "so many" you mean "Markus". Jamee didn't bat, don't know why you brought that up... as for you batting #3, that's your captains choice, and let's face it, you don't exactly have at least 50 ODIs to your name for you immense bowling skills.

Last edited:

TIF

U19 Debutant
Although a good performance by Greens till now, has been slightly inconsitent though, but we won out last 5-dayer and 1-dayer.

However, I am very disappointed with my own performance though as I havent been able to chip in with my big-hitting and am yet to hit a 6:@

Loony BoB

International Captain
steds said:
No.I think he meant more like "Markus, Mørk, Mamesh and Feeney"
Then you'll have a stronger batting lineup. I happen to think that Stedman, Bennett, Robbins, Dobson, Dauth are all top line batsmen. No offence to Vimes at all, but I'd not put him into my frontline OD team. Mamesh averaged lower than all but one of those top five you played. You're right on the Feeney one, though - I forgot he's in your team. Ya got me there. :) In the end, this is a pretty pointless thing to debate about though. Time to get back to the good fun! Looking forward to the season openers. :D

Last edited:

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Malone warms up nicley for the season, great win - very happy with the top order in the batting and all the bowlers :)

PY

International Coach
Happy with 72 though pity I couldn't finish it off with Sean.

Good confidence builder though Blue.....we're back. :cool2: :p

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
It appears my quick transition to an outswinging medium-pacer is a bit of a rollercoaster. Good figures and a handy batting effort for the first match, and then 0/59 off 10.
Still, at least it's good to win the second match...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Live sim at 1130 (London time) and 2030 (Sydney) on Friday 24.

Cricket Web Green at Cricket Web Black
Pickford Reserve

Two teams with huge goals and big changes in personnel. The Blacks hope to return to the glory of the past, whilst the hopes of CW Green are to continue the success of the past couple of seasons.

Player to watch (Green): Tarick Weber
- How far has this young man come since his debut? Weber needs to prove that the sensational form he displayed in Season IX is a promise for the future. With Nathan Hoy out of the picture for Cricket Web Green, Weber will be called upon to carry an attack that is significantly less experienced and arguably less potent.

Player to watch (Black): Simon Fitzsimmons
- So much depends on the Black top order. With the composition of the team seeing allrounders in at 7 and 8, Simon Fitzsimmons will need to back the massive reputation with which he was acquired by Cricket Web Black. After 3 huge seasons at CW Blue, Fitzsimmons looks to carry on and continue to steal records in the CW books, albeit with a Black cap this time around.

Cricket Web Colts at Cricket Web Red[/B]
CW Oval

The fixture that had a Red crowd captivated and silenced with a tight victory by the Colts in their maiden FC match. The drama intensifies once more, as the Reds look to fire under a new captain and the Colts hope to build on the promise of Season IX.

Player to watch (Colts): Shan Jasotharan
- Much-criticized by the media and opponents, Jasotharan appears to have the goods this season to back up his claims to greatness. With sensational form - 3 consecutive hundreds - in the warmup series, Jasotharan will hope to dazzle in the middle order as well as behind the stumps.

Player to watch (Red): Marc Robbins
- The emotional leader and former captain of the Reds, Robbins had a huge offseason for Durham and will look to put his rocky relationship with the CWBCC in the past and potentially force his way back into the CW XI ranks whilst powering CW Red onward.

Simon

doubt ill be on straight away, hopefully ill be on at some stage during the sim though, lets hope CW Black can make a good start...