• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

ripper868

International Coach
So, Georgia beating Italy won't add to that 'kick Italy out' argument at all...just bring Georgia in, im sure the clubs etc would welcome and extra week of international fixtures, Tbilisi would be one heck of a trip as well.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
So Namibia walloped Kenya 36-0 and the dream World Cup debut for sevens legend Collins Injera is put off. Anyway time for us to take our repechage lumps and then start another 4 year cycle
Hard lines, chap. It would've been far better for the tournament if the Simbas had made it. Namibia always have a slight "Bok E team" feel about them to me.

Wouldn't be giving up hope quite yet though; repechage has Portugal and (probably) Hong Kong and Chile in it. All ranked above Kenya, but none massively so. It'd be a surprise but not a massive shock if Kenya made it through.

James

Cricket Web Owner
If this keeps going, we're seeing the last of Cane in a black jersey and Foster will be gone come Monday.

Hopefully turn it around in the second half. Ireland are so good.

Heboric

International Debutant
Meh I was deeply divided with that match, while I live in Cape Town always hopeful for those god awful South African All Black supporters a loss, but I also didnt want a Northern Hemisphere win, I guess I must stay away from their media at all costs :wacko: :wacko:

James

Cricket Web Owner
Wow... The fall out from this is going to be massive. All lies with the tactics and wrong selections in my opinion. Surely Foster and Cane can't survive.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I thought NZ underperforming was the story last week but today we were close to our absolute best. Even before winning a series in NZ I thought this was the best Ireland side I’d seen.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Cane is not a leader and under his captaincy we've seen continued dreadful performances that we haven't seen in a long time. He has to pay the price for that as does Foster in my opinion. Savea to 7, plenty of options at 8.

ashley bach

International Captain
Ireland were easily the better team 2 weeks in a row, well done to them, thoroughly deserved.
All blacks have continued to decline the last 5-6 years, the good old days of Hansen are now well gone.
Should have been the weekend double for the Irish, either way, it'll be pumping in Dublin tonight.

ashley bach

International Captain
Cane is not a leader and under his captaincy we've seen continued dreadful performances that we haven't seen in a long time. He has to pay the price for that as does Foster in my opinion. Savea to 7, plenty of options at 8.
While Sam's a fine player in his own right, he just doesn't have that presence to inspire like other great all black captains.
Then again it's really tough for him following in the footsteps of Read and McCaw, anyone would feel second rate to those fellas.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I want Foster to go as much as anyone but it's going to take a massive ****-eating exercise from Mark Robinson & the NZR Board to dump Foster midseason and I'm not sure they're willing to get the cutlery out.

Bear in mind I cannot think of an All Black coach being sacked midseason ... ever. Smith in 2001 doesn't count as he reapplied for his role.