• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Think comms are jumping the gun with Wallabies are back itbt
Yeah, if Scotty Barrett hadn't had a brain fart and slapped the ball from White's hands we could well have been looking at a different result.

Pretty sure the ABs were still ahead at that point.

James

Cricket Web Owner
We really missed Aaron Smith out there when decision making is so important.
I'd more go back to what you and I were saying before the series - our tight five don't have decent enough go forward or scrumming ability.

Right now I don't think we'd beat England, South Africa or France.

the big bambino

International Captain
Winning a dead rubber against an experimental AB team. Watch the desperate ARU market this false dawn for the few weeks it'll have any currency.

Flem274*

123/5
im not going to panic over the second stringers joining each other in new combinations for the first time.

good win from the wallabies. much better defense and more fluency in general.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Canterbury equal bottom and could be relegated from the Premiership :-O Bit of a shock as usually, their depth is incredible.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Is Wayne Pivac's job safe in Wales?
Only 24 minutes in and only 10-3 to the Irish in the Autumn Nations opener, but the Welsh do look a bit of a shower just now. Ireland smashing them at the scrum.

Questions must be asked; he's taken grand slam winners to a 6N fifth place in a year.

James

Cricket Web Owner
A team that doesn't play for over 400 days brings that... Incredible effort. What a performance and an amazing forward pack Argentina continue to breed.

All Blacks era well and truly over now. Foster now with the worst win % in All Blacks history. Has there been a worse side than this one?

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Wow!
Congrats Los Pumas. I'm genuinely thrilled for them.

When can Scott Robertson and Tony Brown be signed up to take the AB coaching reins?

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I don’t follow rugby but saw the headline and just assumed the All Blacks had a much below strength team out.
No it was full strength. They picked a below strength team last week and lost to Australia. This was supposedly a chance to show last week's loss was an aberration.

Argentina haven't played an international match for about a year and had many covid cases in their squad a couple of months ago, but were far too good for a listless All Black side. This was the 1st time they've ever beaten us.

I wonder if South Africa regret withdrawing from the tournament. They probably would've won it easily.

James

Cricket Web Owner
As far as I'm aware, the only injury is Brodie Retallick, but as Fuller Pilch said, it was full strength. There's a lack of passion, in-game ownership and tactics, which I put down to the coaching staff. Fox Sports switched across to the SkyTV coverage after the game and apart from JK, I was surprised by how the rest of the panel took the performance. Where was the tough analysis?

I do think though having watched Super Rugby Aotearoa and parts of the Mitre 10 Cup that we're lacking depth for the first time in a long time. There simply aren't a lot of players pushing for higher honours and putting pressure on so players are maybe feeling safe in their position which isn't what an All Blacks player is typically used to.