• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Probably the 3rd best openside of the 2010s.

I'd go McCaw, Dusatoir, Pocock, Warburton.

Amongst Aussies I've seen at no 7 I'd go George Smith, David Wilson, Simon Poidevin, Pocock, Phil Waugh, Hooper

the big bambino

International Captain
Yep he can take his millions and his profile and lie down in front of humble labourers trying to do their job because muh stickin it to climate vandals. Great bloke plus will we really miss a bloke who will close to spend as much time on the park in retirement as during his playing days?

Flem274*

123/5
how do you handle so many lemons?

you'll miss him, he's the best forward you've produced in my lifetime with george smith, john eales and michael hooper in the mix.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Nah, John Eales is the best lock I've ever seen ahead of Victor Matfield, Brodie Retallick, and Martin Johnson. Eales is in the McCaw and Carter bracket, while Pocock was a tier or 2 below.

Also he was produced in Zimbabwe, not Aus.

Flem274*

123/5
Probably the 3rd best openside of the 2010s.

I'd go McCaw, Dusatoir, Pocock, Warburton.

Amongst Aussies I've seen at no 7 I'd go George Smith, David Wilson, Simon Poidevin, Pocock, Phil Waugh, Hooper
i'd say he's the best aussie loosie of those i remember well. child phlegm remembers the early 00s wallabies as the great satan, but they were also facing a slightly weaker nz side. pocock joins smith and hooper in the loosies for my watching time aus side. somehow we're going to make three 7s work.

thinking about the wallabies of my youth just makes me sad we never got to see george gregan v aaron smith or tj perenara.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Waugh was no slouch either, tbf.

Eddie effectively double-teaming McCaw by playing him and Smith in the 03 semi was probably second only to Jonny Wilkinson's boot in the "things what won England the world cup" list.

Gregan doing the "Four more years" signal to Kelleher is one of my favourite "how'd you like them apples" moments in sport too.

Both narky little bastards, as all good 9s should be.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Jordie Barrett a mildly lucky boy there, IMHO.

Leading with the forearm could quite easily have him seeing a card of a different colour.

Spark

Global Moderator
This is dreadful lmao. Can't put together more than two or three phases together.

AB's kicking game has been very good though.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
ABs even found time to butcher a walk in.

Some of the Oz decision making was, to be polite, not of the requisite standard.

I think the only AB line out they contested was one five metres from their line, which put the maul on its heels from the off.

Flem274*

123/5
Jordie Barrett a mildly lucky boy there, IMHO.

Leading with the forearm could quite easily have him seeing a card of a different colour.
not with the precedent the ref set. if taking someones legs out in the air isn't a red then jordie's forearm is barely a yellow.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
With Frizzell finally fulfilling his potential at test level, and Coles and Whitelock playing superbly that AB forward pack suddenly looks pretty good. That gave fast ball for Smith and Mo'unga and it was all over for the Wallabies.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
not with the precedent the ref set. if taking someones legs out in the air isn't a red then jordie's forearm is barely a yellow.
Wouldn't have had a problem with Daugunu watching the rest of the test from the stands either, tbf.

Especially as he said before the game he was targeting Clarke too.

Intent is pretty hard to referee though and, dickish pre-match statements notwithstanding, it's my estimation that Daugunu's challenge would be easier to chalk up to poor timing, whereas Jordie's forearm looked purely petulant.

I guess one should credit the official for consistency at least.

Anyhoo, England somehow stumble to another 6 Nations crown despite a pretty laboured win in Rome.

Ireland winning in Paris by 7 or (more fancifully) Les Bleus downing the Micks by 31 never looked likely, despite England leaving the door slightly ajar.

Performance of the day was definitely the Sweaties though, winning a 6 Nations game outside of chilly Jockoland against anyone other than Italy for the first time since 2010 by virtue of downing the Leekists in Cardiff.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Sounds interesting in the 6N. Well done England, France could be scarily good by the 2023 RWC, and great news for Scotland esp on a day when they lost Sean Connery.
Is Wayne Pivac's job safe in Wales?

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
We really need to develop another no 9. Who knows how much longer Aaron Smith can play at this level, and Perenara will lose us tests vs SA, Eng, or France.