• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

Fiery

Banned
Johnny Wilkinson's gay? I've suspected that for years. In fact, I think you'll find the entire English backline are.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Fiery said:
Anyone know what this is about?
An England rugby playerr was apparently going to be "outed" in the Sun on Friday - but there was nothing in the paper, so unless it's in today's edition, it's a red herring.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
"The Sun" isn't actually published on a Sunday, but its sister paper "The News of The World" (known throughout the UK as The News of The Screws ) is a fav for big-splash stories like outing of Rugby players.

Nowt on the online version (well about that story, although Mick Jagger's daughter was caught on CCTV inflagrente delecto with George Best's son!) but when I'm ar$ed to go to the shop I'll have a look at the dead-tree version.

Not hopeful tho....

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Voltman said:
An England rugby playerr was apparently going to be "outed" in the Sun on Friday - but there was nothing in the paper, so unless it's in today's edition, it's a red herring.
The thing is, does anyone care if he's outed or not?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I imagine his friends & family will care too.

Not to mention his long standing girlfriend.....

Without naming the party involved he was apparently playfully half-outed in Will Greenwood's autobiography.

Obviously that means Will's in the clear.... ;)

Fiery

Banned
BoyBrumby said:
I imagine his friends & family will care too.

Not to mention his long standing girlfriend.....

Without naming the party involved he was apparently playfully half-outed in Will Greenwood's autobiography.

Obviously that means Will's in the clear.... ;)
Damn. Haven't read it. Ummm is it Josh Lewsey, Johnny Wilkinson, Ben Cohen or Ian Balshaw?

Fiery

Banned
BoyBrumby said:
Might be..... ;)

Volts gave a huge clue a while back....
Ah, gotcha. Fair play to him. It's a big headline but I hope he doesn't get too crucified by your press or rugby fans for it.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yeah, fair play to the fella. It's his business at the end of the day. If 10% of the population is gay (which I reckon is probably a shade high, but anyway) statistics say he can't be the only one. I doubt too many called Ian Roberts a poof more than once, he was a big fella!

Hopefully Union fans are a bit less judgemental than (Association) Football fans too. Poor old Le Saux was given no end of grief just for reading The Guardian!

There were similar rumours about a v well-know ex-AB winger/full back too, but nothing ever matrialised. Presume you musta heard 'em too?

Fiery

Banned
BoyBrumby said:
Yeah, fair play to the fella. It's his business at the end of the day. If 10% of the population is gay (which I reckon is probably a shade high, but anyway) statistics say he can't be the only one. I doubt too many called Ian Roberts a poof more than once, he was a big fella!

Hopefully Union fans are a bit less judgemental than (Association) Football fans too. Poor old Le Saux was given no end of grief just for reading The Guardian!

There were similar rumours about a v well-know ex-AB winger/full back too, but nothing ever matrialised. Presume you musta heard 'em too?
Who's not a bad cricket player too? You could be talking about Howlett. These rumours come out every now and then. Martin Crowe was another and Brett Steven our best tennis player at the time were having a threesome with Michael Fay, one of the richest men in the country or something at one stage.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Fiery said:
Who's not a bad cricket player too? You could be talking about Howlett. These rumours come out every now and then. Martin Crowe was another and Brett Steven our best tennis player at the time were having a threesome with Michael Fay, one of the richest men in the country or something at one stage.
That's the one! :D

Hadn't heard about the rest tho.

Fiery

Banned
BoyBrumby said:
That's the one! :D

Hadn't heard about the rest tho.
Yeah, they were all crap. I went to varsity in Otago when Goldie was playing for Otago and he was very popular with the ladies and they were quite popular with him you could say. Now he's happily married to one of our best netball players. Look out for their sprogs in a few years! We haven't had any major gay sports people coming out that I can think of.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
The thing is, does anyone care if he's outed or not?
Not me - I was just explaining the situation to Fiery.

Unfortunately, if the player does come out, he will get plenty of reaction - some of it unpleasant. It just seems to be the way it is - ala Ian Roberts.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Why do gay guys in the professional and media spotlight have to make it public? In the hope it'll get them some more action?

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Langeveldt said:
Why do gay guys in the professional and media spotlight have to make it public? In the hope it'll get them some more action?
I'm sure he would have no end of offers if he did come out. The homosexual sporting fans would be all over him like a cheap suit.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Willie Mason for Union?

Another high-profile League star looks to be considering the move to the 15-man code.

At 24 he's about the right age too, although I can't see him making the Oz back row just now. Although he's also got the option to play for the ABs, being NZ born.

Of course he could just be using this Union interest to bump up his new contract offer from The Dogs.... :D

http://www.theage.com.au/news/Break...n/2005/03/05/1109958130637.html?oneclick=true