• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
In no way, but a punch is a red card offence nowadays too.

If Itoje's cited one images de Allende will be too.
Agreed. Give them both reds, you should not be punching. I am sick and tired of rugby people making excuses to why rugby players should not be sanctioned. Always excuses always reasons for mitigation. Yes its a tough physical game, but there are still rules.

Spark

Global Moderator
What a strange game, not exactly two vintage sides on display. Not often you get a game where a kicker goes 2/7.

Time for Noah to go practice kicking in a place where it's a bit more windy than Canberra.

Heboric

International Debutant
Im sorry but I am from the school of winning ugly, my other team the Proteas often get criticized for losing games they should have won. Now a team gets criticized for not playing 'cool' enough, has style points become a thing nowadays over actually winning

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Im sorry but I am from the school of winning ugly, my other team the Proteas often get criticized for losing games they should have won. Now a team gets criticized for not playing 'cool' enough, has style points become a thing nowadays over actually winning
I don’t mind the style of rugby. I have a problem with the quality. It was mistake ridden rugby, lots of poor execution. It felt less about two quality sides grinding each other down, and more two sides playing tactical conservative rugby poorly. I am happy to take the win, but not going to pretend the rugby quality was good.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
I don’t mind the style of rugby. I have a problem with the quality. It was mistake ridden rugby, lots of poor execution. It felt less about two quality sides grinding each other down, and more two sides playing tactical conservative rugby poorly. I am happy to take the win, but not going to pretend the rugby quality was good.
Rugby wasn’t easy on the eyes but the biggest issue I had was how the officials allowed these games to drag so much. TMO decisions were taking 5+ minutes, Kolbe’s try didn’t need more than 1-2 viewings to see the on-field decision can’t be overturned and players with some blood on their face were getting treated on the field for minutes. Captains arguing the toss after the ref already made their decision also was completely unnecessary.

I had the football on the TV, Community Shield, and it kicked off at the same time and literally finished seconds after this game. That isn’t acceptable.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The second Bledisloe test was a much more entertaining game, but it was a shame to see so many empty seats at Eden Park this time.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
As a non rugby fan I was a bit mystified by this headline. Aside from anything else how do you actually tell if there's an injury or not. I remember a few years ago there was a controversy when someone faked a blooded mouth injury so I would think pretending to have a thigh strain would be quite simple.

British and Irish Lions greats ask for law change on substitutes to prevent death on field - BBC Sport
This requested law change is not really about injury. The death on field is just a nice headline grabber. Death on rugby fields happened long before these laws came in.

In particular they don’t like the springboks current 5/3 or 6/2 benches split towards the big forwards that allows for the big bullying rugby style the bokke play.