• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Another arm wrestle.

Have to give credit to the Wobblies coming back from seven down with 14 men though.

Felt for Hodge, think that was the first shot he'd missed all game.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Don't know if it's available outside of the People's Republic of Brit, but Georgia v Fiji has had more attacking play in one quarter than we saw in 80 minutes earlier.

Fiji giving the Georgians a bit of a touch up so far, 19-3 with three tries already.

Real pity the coronavirus has meant this is their first outing.

EDIT: 19-8 now, with kick to come. Typical Georgian push over from the maul.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Jeez, some game the Autumn Nations final.

England just nick it 22-19 in sudden death extra time against an incredibly game French side lacking most of their starting XV because their club sides wouldn't release them.

French lead by 7 with a minute to go but a Cowan-Dickie try and a Farrell conversion took it to extra time.

Not pretty, but completely enthralling.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I don’t follow rugby but was intrigued by the possibility of a penalty shoot out. What sort of angle or distance do they take them from?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I don’t follow rugby but was intrigued by the possibility of a penalty shoot out. What sort of angle or distance do they take them from?
I guess it would be central to mitigate against any right footed / left footed factor. Maybe moving back 10 metres for each kick once in sudden death would be fun.

James

Cricket Web Owner
I saw England/France went to extra-time. Probably time for the Rugby Championship to follow with all the draws happening.

weeman27bob

International Regular
I saw England/France went to extra-time. Probably time for the Rugby Championship to follow with all the draws happening.
It was only extra time because it was the final though. If it was any other game it would have ended as a draw. It would be like having a "no draws allowed" final round of the RC only.

Flem274*

123/5
the rugby championship and then the mitre 10 cup having all these 85-90 minute games was one of the best bits.

did they really used to do goal kick shootouts in the NH? that's disgusting, go play football. at least it wasn't a rolling maul contest.

weeman27bob

International Regular
the rugby championship and then the mitre 10 cup having all these 85-90 minute games was one of the best bits.

did they really used to do goal kick shootouts in the NH? that's disgusting, go play football. at least it wasn't a rolling maul contest.
To be fair it was after 20 minutes of extra time and I think it's the only time it's ever happened.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
England seem to be trying to set a record for the number of penalties conceded. I really thought that Jones had knocked that crap out of their system.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Didn't realise the 6N had started
A misapprehension shared by the England XXIII, clearly.

Scotland have been better in every dept.

Hate to single one man out, but Jonny Hill isn't a test lock's arsehole. Done well with the Chiefs, but desperately short (ironically for a bloke of 6' 9") at this level.